- How does a substitute enter grades into Schoology?
Long term substitutes (in assignment for 21 day or more) can be added to MiSiS and will have access to the Schoology Gradebook within 24-48 hours.
Short term substitutes, must have the Office Manager, Scheduling Administrator, or Counselor enter grades in the Manage Grades by Class screen in MiSiS.
- If I manually add a student to a class, can I PassBack grades?
Only students who have officially been scheduled to the course in MiSiS will have their grades published with the Grade PassBack App in Schoology.
- Do I have to create assignments and grades in the Schoology gradebook to submit grades?
No, you can submit your grades using the Grade PassBack App even if you have not created assignments or given your students grades for those assignments.
In order to do so, proceed with the following:
1. Login to Schoology
2. Select your course
3. Select MiSiS Grade PassBack
4. Select the grade from the Override Column
5. Enter Work Habits, Cooperation, and Comment Codes
6. Click Submit at the bottom of the page
For more information, view the How to use the MiSiS Grade Pass Back video.
- Can I use the Grade PassBack App to submit grades for a non-MiSiS created course?
No. You can only PassBack grades from courses that were created in MiSiS.
- Can I submit grades with the Grade PassBack App to MiSiS at any time?
No. You can only submit grades during the MiSiS open grading windows. The Grade PassBack App will launch, but all fields will be grayed out.
For more information on how to submit grades through Grade PassBack please see the video listed below
- Can a co-teacher or administrator submit grades on the behalf of a teacher?
Only the teacher of record, who is officially scheduled in MiSiS for the course, can submit grades.