The School Improvement Grant Unit has 3 areas of focus: technical assistance, school turnaround, and monitoring and evaluation. As such, our responsibilities encompass research, budgeting, school review, leadership grants, performance review, teacher and principal evaluation, and bargaining unit negotiations.Our goal is to help our SIG schools maximize the benefits of the School Improvement Grant in order to reach their academic performance goals.
LAUSD SIG Office Programs
To further support our SIG educators, the SIG office will again be offering stipends, scholarships, and additional trainings as requested by SIG teachers and staff in the 2015-16 school year.
Monitoring and Program Evaluation
- Program Evaluation Metrics
- CDE On-Site Reviews
- Inventory Protocol
- Documentation for Employees Paid from Federal and State Categorical Programs
- Purchase of Meals, Refreshments, Food
Elements of SIG Reform within LAUSD Context
- Increased time for teaching and collaboration
- Professional Learning and Leadership Development
- Effective leaders and teachers
- Family and community engagement
- Strong, aligned, and responsive instruction
- Supportive and safe school environment