What's New!The District releases an updated version of MiSiS with software fixes and/or enhancements every 3 weeks. Browse the notes below to learn about all updates released since August 2014.
MiSiS Updates - October 11, 2017Posted by The MiSiS Team at 10/11/2017
New District ID Format
Beginning 10/16/2017, users will notice that new students to the district will be assigned a district ID with a new format which does not contain the student’s birthdate or gender. The new district ID will continue to be ten (10) characters, but will have an X where the M or F used to be. Example: 200000X001. Only new students will be assigned IDs with the new format; students with the previous format will not change.
MiSiS User Access
In preparation for the school opening, the MiSiS team granted temporary Teacher access to staff members who had sections assigned to them but had not applied for MiSiS access. This was done to ensure that teachers could submit attendance on the first day of school. Users with “School Based” access who are receiving this email have still not applied for access using the EZ Access application (http://ezaccess.lausd.net). Users receiving this email are strongly encouraged to do so. Your temporary access is set to expire on October 12, 2017. Access will not be restored until the application has been submitted and approved in EZ Access. By applying before October 12, 2017, you will not lose access to MiSiS.
Elementary and Secondary MiSiS Gradebook
The MiSiS Elementary and Secondary gradebook publish feature is now disabled.
- Gradebook Print - The Gradebook Print report has been deployed in Schoology. Users with School Support or Teacher role will now be able to generate a pdf report at the section or student level. For more information, click here
- New Assessments in Schoology - Fifteen new and enhanced Schoology assessments have been released. They include Fill in the Blank, Dropdown, Drag and Drop, Label Image, Highlight Hotspot, Highlight Image and more. Click on the following link to review: Assessment Question Types
- LAUSD Kiosk App for Schoology - Chromebook users are now able to launch the LAUSD Kiosk App for Schoology from any District provisioned Chromebook. This app will give students a “Locked Down” version of Schoology’s web interface. For more information, click here
The following items have been fixed or updated in MiSiS:
- When creating or editing a Dynamic group, the criteria for “Periods Absent” and “Tardies Today” have been removed from the drop-down.
- The Truancy Screen has a multi-select parameter. Please select less than 250 students to avoid a time-out error.
- Attendance Referral - Continuation: When downloading into a PDF format, the alignment fits into a single page.
- The EL Progress Profile Report will generate successfully for the selected teacher(s) when selecting to run the report “By Teacher and Period” option.
- The English Learner Rosters will successfully run for all selected grade levels; when running the EL and LTEL Monitoring rosters for previous school years, only the report option of “By Student” will be available; CAHSEE test information will no longer display for students if no data is available.
- The Honor Roll Report Card now defaults to the current school year when selecting the School Year parameter.
- Elementary Schools will no longer be able to enter or generate the non-CA Content Standards grade types for School Year 2017 -2018 or generate the Teacher Verification Report for School year 2017-2018 and thereafter. Office staff and Administrators, with roles that have grades edit permissions, can still edit prior school year grades. The new CA Content Standards versions must be used.
- The SBA Label may no longer be run by teachers.
- Users will need to enter an “involved person” when entering a Restraining Order on the Court Order screen.
MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting and Dashboards
- New WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) Subject Area - This subject area is now available, providing data regarding schools with WASC accreditation. It includes school, campus, local district, and board district attributes, as well as Staff Information, Geo Location Data, and WASC Information, such as the Category and Visit information. A subject area guide has been created, and can be accessed on the MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting job aids webpage (https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11833).
- New Student Homeless Information Subject Area - This subject area is now available, providing data regarding students who are recorded as homeless in MiSiS. It includes student demographics, enrollment, attendance, programs, GPA, test scores, graduation, and marks data, as well as data regarding homeless attributes. A subject area guide has been created, and can be accessed on the MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting job aids webpage (https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11833).
- Updates to Class Size Local District Report - Three new columns have been added to the Class Size Local District Report: Norm Category, Instructional Director Name, and Course Grade Span. To access the report, go to Dashboards in the navigational menu > Local District Reports > Local District Reports > Class Size tab.
- New Local District Report: Secondary Grade Submissions - This report is now available, displaying the count of teachers who have submitted grades for schools and districts. It can be accessed by clicking Dashboards in the navigational menu > Local District Reports > Local District Reports > Secondary Grade Submissions.
- New LCFF (Local Control Funding Formula) Code Subfolder Added to Student Detail Subject Area - The LCFF Code subfolder has been added to the Student Detail Subject Area to create reports using the LCFF Code, LCFF Description, LCFF Start Date, and LCFF Source. The Student Detail Subject Area Guide has been updated, and can be access on the MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting job aids webpage (https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11833).
- Updates to Age Column - The age column in the Birth subfolder has been updated to not round up. The Birth subfolder can be accessed in the Student folder in all Subject Areas.
- Updates to GPA, Attendance Band, and Other Rounding Columns - Some columns, such as GPA and Attendance Rate, have been updated to automatically include the standard number of decimal places.
MiSiS Update - September 28, 2017Posted by The MiSiS Team at 9/28/2017
A bug has been identified affecting the High School Transcript Report. When generating the report, and the ‘All’ option is selected under the ‘Testing Information’ dropdown field, be sure to deselect the ‘None’ option, otherwise an error message will appear.
Changes to The MiSiS Screens
Enhancements were recently made to the application which are required to make MiSiS Section 508 compliant. You may notice some slight changes to how the screens look, but there is no change to how you access the application or complete your tasks.