Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD)
Intern, Credentialing, and Added Authorization Program (iCAAP)
iCAAP is accepting applications for Instructional Faculty Lead Mentors and Instructional Faculty!
*Presently iCAAP consists of seven preliminary programs:• Education Specialist Instruction Credential: Mild Moderate Disabilities;• Education Specialist Instruction Credential: Moderate Severe Disabilities;• Education Specialist Instruction Credential: Early Childhood;• Single Subject Teaching Credential: Science (Chemistry or Physics), Mathematics, or English;• Multiple Subject Teaching Credential.* All programs are offered tentatively based on current District hiring needs.To view the slides from our latest information session, please click here.
For the iCAAP preliminary credential, Interns complete a carefully designed course of study taught by highly qualified, experienced Instructional Faculty. Assigned to each Intern is an experienced like-credentialed Lead Mentor who supports and guides the Intern for two years throughout their Portfolio Practicum, based on the Intern’s classroom assignment and the California Teaching Performance Expectations (TPEs).
The iCAAP Teacher Induction program prepares Education Specialists and District Intern graduates for the California Clear Credential. The intent of the 24-month program is to provide an opportunity for each Candidate to grow in their capacity as a teacher through an individualized program of reflection supported and directed by like-credentialed Lead Mentors.
In addition, iCAAP has six added authorization programs for credentialed teachers:• Autism Spectrum Disorder;• Early Childhood Special Education;• Bilingual Spanish; Bilingual Korean; Bilingual Mandarin; Bilingual French;• Reading and Literacy Added Authorization, submitted to the CCTC Initial Program Review in March 2019. The Added Authorization will formally address the need of the District to close the reading and literacy gap. Anticipated implementation – Spring 2020.
- Enrollment/Qualifications/Application Process Questions.
Email email@example.com or call 213-241-5581.
- Program Questions (for current District Interns).
Email DistrictInternProgram@lausd.net or call 213-241-5466.
Preliminary Single Subject Programs (tentative)
• Mulitple Subjects - Applications for Cohort 2020 due March 1, 2020 - Apply here.
• English - Applications for Cohort 2020 due March 1, 2020 - Apply here.
• Science – Physics - Applications for Cohort 2020 due March 1, 2020 - Apply here.
• Science – Biology - Applications for Cohort 2020 due March 1, 2020 - Apply here.• Preliminary Education Specialist Credential Program- Mild/Moderate Disabilities (K-22)
- Moderate/Severe Disabilities (K-22)
- Early Childhood Special Education (Birth-Kindergarten)Applications for Cohort 2020 due March 1, 2020 - Apply here.• CENTSE – Credentialed Educators Now Teaching Special EducationApplications for Cohort 2020 due March 1, 2020 - Apply here.• Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) – Birth-KindergartenApplications for Cohort 2021 due February 1, 2021 - Apply here.* All programs are offered tentatively based on current District hiring needs.