Student Work Permits




    Updated: 1/11/21

    The Work Experience Education Office remains open to continue to support students seeking work permits. Work Permits may NOT be issued electronically due to the sensitive nature of Personal Identifiable Information (PII). Students seeking a work permit may obtain the work permit at the Work Experience Office. However, the student MUST present the following:

    • Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for a Work Permit - Certificate of Age B1-1 form (original signatures from the student, parent, and employer). Students should NOT email this form to and from the employer. You are jeopardizing your personal information being exposed to hackers.
    • Photo ID (Government ID, Valid Passport, or Photo School ID: must include the date of birth) 
    • Work Permit Authorization Letter from the student's home school on School Letterhead. (The authorization may be obtained via email from the school's Work Permit Issuer or Counselor)
    • The minor (student) MUST be present to sign the work permit before it may be issued.

    Students will need to continue to communicate via email with their Counselor or Work Permit Issuer at the school site to obtain an Authorization Letter. Work permits will not be issued to a student without an authorization letter present. 

    The Work Experience Education Office is ONLY open on the following days/hours 

    Tuesday's - Wednesday's - Thursday's

    12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

    CLOSED on Monday's and Friday's

    Our office is located in downtown Los Angeles at 333 S. Beaudry Ave, Los Angeles CA 90017 (Office entrance is on 4th Street and Boylston Street).

    An appointment is not necessary to visit our office. When meeting with our personnel, please make sure that you are wearing your face covering, and please follow social distancing requirements.  If you come to our office, there is a map provided under our LAUSD parking map link below. 

    If you have any further questions, please email Brandon Coleman, Work Experience Education Supervising Clerk, at or call our office at 213-241-7053. 

    Thank you and please stay safe.


    To view/download documents, please scroll down
    LAUSD Parking Map  
    Regular Work Permit Application  
    Authorization Letter  
    Entertainment Work Permit Application (EWP must be signed and stamped by the minor's Home School. The LAUSD WEE Office CANNOT sign on the school's behalf.  It is the parent/guardian's responsibility to make arrangements with the Entertainment Work Permit office in Van Nuys to obtain the legal permit.   


If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.