When schools, families, and community groups work together to support learning, children tend to do better in school, stay in school longer and like school more.
The Parent and Community Services office supports school efforts to implement effective family engagement activities that value partnerships with parents for the benefit of children’s learning and achievement.
- Parent Portal - Click for Info
A one-stop online system that connects parents and guardians to their student’s essential data.
- Student Services - Click for Info
The goal of the unit is to increase student voice by ensuring that students have the power to inform, influence and shape reforms, policies and practices to be reflective of the realities, needs, and solutions from the student perspective.
We work to ensure students have multiple and varied leadership roles as well as opportunities to partner with adults to create a safe, healthy, supportive school culture and community. We partner with District offices, school sites, and community organizations to improve student learning and academic achievement through increased student involvement, leadership development and engagement.
- Dyslexia Awareness Resources - Click for Info
- PCS Tech Talks - Click for Info
For Powerpoints on LAUSD Parent Portal and Email Basics
- LAUSD Mobile Application - Click for Info
- Open Data Dashboard - Click for Info
The Open Data Dashboard will allow parents and community members to view, download, and interact with District and school performance data from various sources. The Open Data Dashboard includes information such as, graduation rates, state test scores, and college and career readiness. You can access the Dashboard through this link: https://achieve.lausd.net/opendataparents
- PCS Customer Service Feedback - Click for Info
- How Students Can File a Title IX Sexual Harassment Complaint - Click for Info
Parents and Community
For assistance accessing information on this page, you may call the district's hotline
School leaders want to hear from you!
- The School Experience Survey (SES) dates this year are from October 26 to January 22, 2021.
- The SES contains questions about your experience this school year, especially your distance learning experience.
- Your answers are completely anonymous and no-one at your school will know what you say.
- To protect the health and safety of LAUSD families and school staff, parents are highly encouraged to complete their survey online if possible at https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/8397
- If you cannot take the survey online, call your school for a paper copy.
¡Los líderes escolares quieren escuchar de su parte!
- Las fechas para la Encuesta de la Experiencia Escolar (SES) este año serán de 26 de octubre a 22 de enero de 2021.
- La SES incluye preguntas acerca de su experiencia este año, especialmente su experiencia con el aprendizaje a distancia.
- Sus respuestas son completamente anónimas y nadie en su escuela conocerá lo que usted expresó.
- Para proteger la salud y seguridad de las familias y el personal escolar de LAUSD, se anima enfáticamente a los padres para que completen su encuesta en línea si es posible por medio del siguiente enlace https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/8397
- Si no puede presentar la encuesta en línea, comuníquese con su escuela para obtener una copia en papel.
NEW: 2020-21 Parent & Student Handbook: Please visit the following link to download the official 2020-21 Parent & Student Handbook. Click the following link: https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/13211.
NUEVO: Manual para Padres y Estudiantes 2020-21: Visite el siguiente enlace para descargar el Manual Oficial para Padres y Estudiantes de 2020-21. Haga clic en el siguiente enlace: https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/17188.
Bulletin 6745.3 Guidelines for the Required ELAC and SSC (English)(Spanish)Bulletin 6747.1 Purchase of Food for School and District Advisory CommitteesBulletin 6748.1 Parent Conference Attendance (English) Asistencia de los padres a conferencias (Spanish)Reference Guide 6749.3 Principal's Portal Certification for Local Control and Accountability Plan, Title I Parent and Family Engagement Requirements and English Learner Advisory Committee MandatesMemorandum 6750.3 Notification of Federal Title I Parent and Family Engagement Mandates (English)(Spanish)Bulletin 5688.2 Social Media for Employees and Assocated Persons Politica sobre los medios sociales de comunicacion para empleados y personas asociadas