Parents and Students
Student safety is our number one priority. Approximately 41,000 students safely ride LAUSD school buses to and from school each day. On this page, you will find bus safety resources and information on all our transportation programs.
- Contact 1-800-LA-BUSES for information on student bus route schedules.
- Be familiar with the safest walking route to your school and instruct your child to follow the arrows shown on the map to the school location which can be downloaded from here. In addition, you may want to watch the bus safety video with your child for school bus safety requirements. The video can be downloaded here.
- The District operates the largest alternative fuel bus fleet in California of 600 compressed natural gas, 100 ultra-low emission gasoline and 268 propane buses comprising of nearly 73% of the bus fleet.
Where's my child's bus?
• If you have questions about the status of your child's route, please contact the Transportation Services Division at 1-800-LA BUSES (1-800-522-8737).
• Parents can also receive automated text and phone call notifications from Transportation Services Division when the child’s school bus route is delayed.
How to sign up for automated notifications
If you are already receiving automated text notifications from LAUSD, you do not need to do anything to receive the bus delay notifications.
If you’ve previously opted out from LAUSD text notifications, you can choose to opt back in to receiving messages by texting "START LAUSD" to 91841. To opt back in to receive phone call notifications, call (855) 502-7867 from the phone on which you previously received the calls.
You can list up to two (2) numbers to receive LAUSD text notifications. To add or update your contact information, please contact the office staff of your child’s school.