School Board-Approved Instructional Calendars
Understanding School Calendars
The Los Angeles Unified School District seeks views on the school calendar. A meeting was set up in each local district, along with this website, to explain the process.In mid-November, parents, guardians and District employees will be contacted for their preference in taking the survey: either online or over the telephone.Survey opinions will inform Los Angeles Board of Education members when voting to approve the calendar. Their decision will cover the next three years.
2015 Fall School Calendar Survey Timeline
Parent/Guardian Survey TimelineNovember 16 and 17
Parents/guardians will receive a Blackboard Connect message asking their preferred survey method.Survey Options:
- Complete a Blackboard Connect phone survey
- Fill out an online survey
Phone survey calls will be made only to families who selected this option. Once a parent completes the survey, the phone number will be removed from subsequent survey calls.
- Not interested in completing the survey
- Please note that there will be no calls made from November 20 through November 30.
November 18 through December 6: Online survey is available.Employee Survey Timeline:
- November 18 through December 6: Online survey is available.