California Content Standards Parent Resources
These resources have been compiled for parents and guardians interested in learning more about the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and how to support their child’s attainment of these standards.Se han reunido los siguientes recursos para los padres y tutores legales que están interesados en aprender más acerca de las Normas Básicas y Comunes (CCSS, por sus siglas en inglés) y en cómo apoyar a su estudiante para que cumpla con dichas normas.Printable Guides to the Standards:
- Council of Great City Schools Parent Roadmaps for K-12 Mathematics English Spanish
- Common Core flyers from California Department of Education English & other languages
- Parents’ Guide to Student Success English Two Page Spanish Guides Four Page Spanish Guides
- Common Core Communication Tools Multiple Languages
- Three minute video explaining the Common Core State Standards, from the Council of Great City Schools English Spanish
- Parent Engagement = Student Success video English
Science Resources for ParentsSocial Science/History Resources for ParentsPhysical Education Resources for Parents
- More Common Core State Standards resources for parents, from the California Department of Education English
- LearnZillion Common Core lessons (English)
- Khan Academy lessons on a variety of topics, including those aligned to the Common Core English
- Information about the Smarter Balanced Assessments English
- From the official website of the Common Core, a guide to the entire website English
- Videos, articles, and games from the Stanford University Graduate School of Education on mathematics learning and promoting a Growth Mindset Students including free student classes taught in English or Spanish
- SHMOOP Standards with examples and related tools (English only, with advertisements)
California English Language Arts Standards
California Mathematics Standards
High School Math in English only here, starting on page 58.
COVID-19 COMPENSATORY EDUCATION PLAN
What is the COVID-19 Compensatory Education Plan?
Students with disabilities are entitled to a free appropriate public education (FAPE). The COVID-19 pandemic had a negative effect on schools resulting in learning disruption nationally. Students with disabilities may need Compensatory Education services to remedy any educational or other deficits that resulted from a student with an IEP or Section 504 plan not receiving the evaluations or services to which they were entitled during the COVID-19 pandemic. Students with disabilities may also need Recoupment Services to regain skills lost resulting from pandemic learning disruptions.
The Los Angeles Unified School District has implemented two approaches for processes for addressing the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic:
Compensatory Education- special education and related aids and services to remedy any educational or other deficits that resulted from a student with a disability (with either an IEP or Section 504 plan) not receiving the evaluations or services to which they were entitled during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Recoupment Services- additional supports offered to general and special education students to address potential learning loss caused by pandemic-related school facility closures. For further information on Recoupment Services please refer to: https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/17665