A year has passed since we celebrated the 50-year anniversary of the 1968 Walkouts.
Read last year's message from Board President García.
Vision 2068 in the News
- Los Angeles Unified School District Commemorates 1968 Walkouts with Community Events
- Student-nominated Sal Castro Awards
- L.A. UNIFIED STUDENTS COMMEMORATE THE EDUCATIONAL LEGACY OF THE 1968 EAST L.A. WALKOUTS BY ‘WALKING INTO’ CAL STATE LA
- EASTSIDE ARTS FESTIVAL IS BACK!
- City, State & National Civil Rights Leaders Commemorate 50th Anniversary of Milestone in Civil Rights History
- Unity Day to Celebrate Diversity in L.A. Unified
- District officials re-enact landmark meeting in ’68 commemoration
- LOCAL DISTRICT CENTRAL COMMEMORATES THE 1968 STUDENT WALKOUTS AT THE 2018 PERFORMING ARTS FESTIVAL
Tools to help prepare your classroom and your students to practice civil discourse, an essential skill for effective civic participation.
A packet of resources to engage students in peaceful dialogues about supporting safe school environments.