Video Conferencing Options
Using Video Conferencing Safely
As individuals continue the transition to online lessons and meetings, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) recommends exercising due diligence and caution in cybersecurity efforts. The following steps can be taken to prevent outsiders from breaking into online meetings:
- Do not make meetings or classrooms public.
- Do not share a link to a teleconference or classroom on an unrestricted publicly available social media post. Provide the link directly to specific people.
- Manage screensharing options wisely.
- Ensure users are using the most updated versions of remote access/meeting applications.
If you have experienced teleconference hijacking or any type of cyber-crime please notify the LAUSD IT Security team and/or report the crime to the FBI.
Learn more about CyberSafety in LAUSD
Microsoft Team Meetings
Microsoft Teams Meeting can be used to facilitate virtual collaboration and can assist teachers with interacting with two or more students at a time.
Please note: Sessions involving students must not be recorded. Students/teachers are reminded to adhere to BUL 999.13 Responsible Use Policy. Meeting host will need to admit participants from a virtual “lobby.”
Get Started with Microsoft Teams
Using Microsoft Teams in Schoology
Zoom provides online video conferencing for up to 300 people. Accessible with an LAUSD single sign-on username and password, employees can set up a meeting any time by following these steps:
- Go to lausd.zoom.us and log in using an LAUSD single sign-on account.
- Go to Schedule a Meeting and enter the requested information (at minimum, topic, date, time and duration). Then, click Save.
- Invite others to the meeting in the “Time” section by clicking on the “Outlook Calendar” button or click on “Copy the invitation” in the “Join URL” section and paste the clipboard contents into your pre-established meeting invitation.
Teachers: Getting Started Guide with Zoom in Schoology
Students With Authentication Errors- Help with Logging in to Zoom
Logging on to Zoom using the Zoom App
Logging on to Zoom using a Web Browser
All users of Zoom video conferencing are reminded that they are subject to the Zoom Terms of Service as well as the District's Responsible Use Policy, requiring that the privacy of all participants be respected and that recording of any participants without express consent is prohibited.
Support with Common Zoom Errors
Responsible Use Policy
All uses of the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) computer and network systems by students, employees, contractors, and others are subject to the LAUSD’s Responsible Use Policy (RUP).