- Los Angeles Unified School District
- Schoolwires resources menu
How to Set a Page to be Password Protected
You may want to create pages on your site that can only be viewed by registered users. There are two options here: a) allow a page to be viewed by anyone with a single sign-on account, or b) set a page to be viewable only to a designated group of users (e.g., all cafeteria managers, all staff in your department, or all secondary teachers).
Allowing Your Page to be Viewable to Anyone with a Single Sign-on (SSO) Account
- If you have not done so already, create a page in your section.
- Access the ‘Actions’ drop down to the right of your page in the Section workspace.
- Select Set Viewers.
- Select Assign Group.
- Type ‘All’ in the search space in the top left corner to locate the All Registered Users group.
- Press Select so it pops over to the right and then click the green Add button at the bottom.
- Click the ‘x’ to close the window.
- Voila! Your page now requires a user to log on to the site with an SSO account to be able to view the page.
Setting a Page to be Accessible to a Specified Group
The Web Services Team can create a group of specified users. A group can include anywhere from a handful of users on a team to massive groups such as all high school English teachers.
- Contact the Web Services Team to have a group created that meets your purposes.
- If the user group is small, provide the account information for the users to be included in that group. If the user group is large (more than 20 users), it is advisable to prepare a comma-separated-value (CSV) file that includes the following fields: user first name and last name, login ID (must match single sign-on), and email address. The team can import the data you provide to create your group.
- Once the group is created, follow the above steps to assign your page to be viewable only to that group.
Questions? Contact us!