Grab & Go Food Centers
Update: Grab & Go Food Centers
Now that students are returning to the classroom, we have transitioned food service back to a school-based effort focused on children. Beginning the week of April 12th, students who return for in-person instruction will be provided multiple meals at school while students who continue with online learning from home can still pick up meals from their own school site. This will make certain every child can continue to receive meals from their local school.
As schools open during the month, our Grab & Go Food Centers have closed.
- Friday, April 9 was the final day of service for 22 Grab & Go Food Centers.
- Friday, April 16 was the final day of service for all Grab & Go Food Centers.
- Students who return for in-person instruction will be provided multiple meals at school.
- Students who continue with distance learning or their parents may pick up meals at walk-up tables at any of the open schools, Monday through Friday between 9 and 10 a.m. Middle and high school students or their parents may pick up student meals at their neighboring elementary school for the week of April 19-24, and meals may be picked up from the students’ high schools and middle schools starting April 26. There will be no drive-through pickups at these schools. The list of open schools is available at https://achieve.lausd.net/schoolsreopening.
- Parents may pick up meals for their students at one site.
- The number of meals provided for each pickup will be limited to five unless student identification is provided.
- Adults inneed of food assistance may call the Los Angeles County helpline at 211, or view the map below for information about alternative community sites for food assistance.