- Los Angeles Unified School District
- Board Member District 2 - Monica Garcia
October 1, 2018 Unified Enrollment expands with School Search Tool
Unified Enrollment expands with School Search Tool
Application window opens today for high-demand Choices programs
Los Angeles Unified has launched a new website that allows students and families to find and compare schools that meet their specific needs and, beginning today, to apply for many of the programs using a single online application.
The site, goto.lausd.net, is an expansion of the District’s Unified Enrollment program, which makes it easier for students to attend their neighborhood school or apply for one that supports their individual interests or talents. The new site includes:
- School Search Tool – Find and compare up to three District schools at a time – from Early Education Centers to Adult School – based on location, academic programs, extracurricular activities and a variety of other options. The site features a profile of each school, plus information on student demographics, school climate, English-learner reclassification rate and Smarter Balanced Assessment scores.
- Choices programs – Los Angeles Unified will offering 292 Magnets and 139 Dual Language Education programs in 2019-20. Students from select neighborhood schools can also enroll in a school that better fits their needs through the Transportation with Permits program.
- Unified Enrollment Application: Use the online form to apply for Magnets, Dual Language and Permits with Transportation, along with Schools for Advanced Studies and three of the District’s Admission Criteria Schools (Boys Academic Leadership Academic, Early College Academy and University Pathways Public Service Academy). Applications can be submitted Oct. 1 through Nov. 9.
The District also offers a print version of the Choices brochure – which includes a paper application – at schools, parent centers and Los Angeles public libraries.