Payments Made in Conjunction with an Agency
This regulation applies to travel payments that are used for the purpose of facilitating the public's business. They are not considered a gift or source of income to the agency official if the following conditions are met:
1) Payment is made directly to or coordinated with the government agency - not - directly to the agency official using the travel.
2) Payment is used for official agency business.
3) The government agency determines the agency official that will use the travel payment.
4) The payment does not provide a personal benefit to the official that uses the payment.
5) Tavel is limited to the time necessary to accomplish the purpose of the travel in accordance with the agency's travel policy.
The travel is reported on the Form 801.