LAUSD Transition to CA NGSS
Supporting L.A. Unified Schools To Fully Implement CA NGSS
- The California NGSS Framework provides guidance on the standards and helpful resources to make science accessible to all students Click here for the framework
- Optional Middle School instructional resources are now available here.
- Optional High School instructional resources are now available here.
- Optional Interim Assessments for Science are now available here
- Professional Development Modules: The Division of Instruction in collaboration with local districts rolled out 8 NGSS modules for secondary schools during Training the Trainer sessions with department chairs or their designees. Science departments are encouraged to engage in the module(s) that address their need. A unit planning module is also available for science departments and grade level meetings to support the implementation of NGSS. The goal of the module is to guide teachers to develop NGSS-aligned units. Click on this link to access the module.