How do I rate-in on the Teachers Preparation (T/L) Salary Tables?

Posted by:

New contract employees and current or former employees (who have not previously established a salary folder) must establish a salary folder with the Salary Allocation Unit. This process is called “Rating-in”. These employees should go to the Salary Allocation Unit after signing their contracts and obtain the rating-in packet.


Rating-in Packet includes: (Note:  Printed Electronic transcripts^, photocopies of transcripts or letters are not acceptable.)

A and B Form, completed and signed
Official transcripts verifying the bachelor’s degree and any postgraduate coursework*
Original letters of employment verification (if any)***


Former employees who may have rated-in previously but are returning to contract status after an absence of seven or more years may have to submit these forms and documents to re-establish their salary folder.


Once submitted to the Salary Allocation Unit, the rating-in forms with official and/or original documentation are evaluated by Salary Credits Assistants. Salary placement is determined by the number of salary points and years of experience granted after the bachelor's degree.


Transcripts with applicable coursework for salary point credit (based on the K-12 curriculum) will determine salary pay scale group placement.
Verification of the multicultural requirement will determine eligibility of future pay scale group advancements.
A degree differential is granted for a master’s or doctorate degree obtained at an accredited college or university.
Letters of employment verification for qualifying experience will determine experience credit for salary pay scale level placement.


Employees are notified of their salary placement (pay scale group and pay scale level) by mail by the Salary Allocation Unit.