1. Important Update Regarding Flexible Spending Accounts
Signed into law on March 27, 2020, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) includes important updates related to flexible spending accounts (FSA). Major changes include:
- Updated eligible items for health care FSA reimbursement to include:
- Over-the-counter drugs and medicines not prescribed by a physician
- Menstrual care products such as pads, liners, cups, and sponges
- Retroactively effective January 1, 2020
- 2019 FSA
- Date to file claim for reimbursement extended to July 31, 2020 for both health care and dependent care FSA
- 2020 FSA
- Current 2020 FSA participants may change their election amount, subject to restrictions
- Ability to sign up for 2020 FSA mid-year
2. Alternative Medical Methods/Services during Covid-19
During this difficult time of battling COVID-19, our health care partners are offering alternative methods to essential medical services as your health and well-being is important. Copays related to COVID-19 will be waived.
- Health Net Nurse Advice Line - If you have the symptoms related to COVID-19, you can access our Health Net Nurse Advice Line. To learn more, please call us at 1-800-893-5597. Our Nurse Advice line can answer general questions you may have about Coronavirus.
- Teladoc - Health Net LAUSD members get free 24/7 telephone access to doctors for non-emergency consultations anytime, anywhere. Once you have registered with Health Net.com/LAUSD, you can log in and register at the Teladoc site. Or you can go directly to https://member.teladoc.com/hn and register.
- HEAL for Sick/Urgent Care Only - If you are experiencing acute symptoms such as high fever or shortness of breath, call 911 immediately. If you think you might have COVID-19 and have mild or no symptoms, then book a urgent care Heal house call and enter your symptoms (such as cough, fever, etc.) and a Heal Doctor will carry out a remote house call. A remote house call is a Heal Doctor talking with you by phone or video chat (if you have the Heal iOS or Android app) to help determine your risk level for COVID-19. Please visit: https://heal.com/healthnet/.
- Stay active at home. With the Active&Fit Direct program, you have access to 800+ on-demand fitness videos to keep moving wherever you may be. Your membership also includes a network of 10,000+ national fitness centers. Enrollment fee waived April - June due to COVID-19.
- Kaiser Permanente has temporarily closed select medical offices. Other offices are limiting services during the COVID-19 outbreak. Details can be found at Kaiser Facility Updates.
- Phone Appointment - Have a condition that doesn’t require an in-person exam? Talk with a doctor over the phone when it’s convenient. Make an appointment online at kp.org/getcare or be calling 1-833-KP4CARE (1-833-574-2273) (TTY 711).
- 24/7 Care and Advice by Phone - Call us for advice when you need it most at 1-833-KP4CARE (1-833-574-2273) (TTY 711). We’ll help you find out what care is right for you, schedule appointments, and more.
- Video Visit - Meet face-to-face with a doctor by video for the same high-quality care as an in-person visit. To schedule an appointment, call 1-833-KP4CARE (1-833-574-2273) (TTY 711).
- E-Visit - Get quick and convenient online care from a Kaiser Permanente provider, including some prescriptions and 24/7 self-care advice. Fill out a short questionnaire about your symptoms, and a clinician will get back to you with a care plan. Online at kp.org/getcare.
- Email - Message your doctor’s office with non-urgent questions anytime through kp.org or the Kaiser Permanente app.
- Additional Kaiser resources such as Telehealth (24/7 Care Advice), Urgent Care Locations, and Travel Emergency/Urgent Care can be found in the "Miscellaneous" section of the Forms and Publications page.
- Telehealth / Livehealth Online - Telehealth / LiveHealth Online is a safe and helpful way to use Anthem benefits to see a doctor to receive health guidance related to COVID-19 without leaving home, using your smart phone, tablet or computer-enabled web cam. While COVID-19 can’t be confirmed through virtual or remote care, care teams can screen members, assign risk, answer questions and recommend the next steps a member should take. Patients with COVID-19 who are at low risk are treated in the home unless they are sick enough to require in-person care. Access at https://livehealthonline.com/.
- 24/7 NurseLine - 24/7 NurseLine has trained nurses to ask additional probing questions to members with respiratory symptoms and coached nurses to use updated HealthWise Connect COVID-19 information and the CDC web site. The number is 1-800-977-0027.
- The Anthem Coronavirus COVID-19 fact sheet discusses what is it, how to prevent it, and what Anthem benefits cover.
3. Anthem Medicare Preferred (PPO) Medical Plan
The Anthem Medicare Preferred (PPO) Medical plan is available to retirees and their dependents who are over the age of 65 with Medicare Parts A and B. This 50 state Medicare plan includes enhanced benefits such as no copays, no coinsurance, no deductibles, and offers the same benefits whether you use an in-network or out-of-network provider that accepts Medicare. For additional plan information, you may contact Anthem at (833) 277-5221.