Return to Headlines
Ethnic Studies Update
- Ethnic Studies has not yet been implemented and communicated as an LAUSD graduation requirement for the Class of 2019.
- A new, one semester survey course, Ethnic Studies (MISIS Course Number: 370733), has been approved by UCOP and may be offered as an elective, grades 9-12 beginning Fall 2016.
- Textbooks for Ethnic Studies will be purchased by the schools.
- Professional development will be offered soon to support teachers in implementing Ethnic Studies.
- African American History, Mexican American Studies and American Indian Studies courses have been revised by a teacher committee working in concert with the Division of Instruction and the new course descriptions are available at: https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/5106