The Student Health and Human Services (SHHS) Division provides a comprehensive array of services that support student achievement and success in the Los Angeles Unified School District. The main goal of SHHS is to support a safe, caring, nurturing environment where children thrive and leave school, college and career ready. Directors within the Division identified the many ways in which SHHS services align with the LAUSD goals, as measured by the performance meter. Through the lens of shared accountability there is an opportunity to more clearly measure, illustrate and articulate the many ways that SHHS support services directly contribute to the defined success of the District.Student Health and Human Services staff members are:
• Providing support services to students and their families
• Promoting good attendance
• Addressing mental health and health-related barriers to learning
• Providing support to district staff to increase family and community engagement
• Strengthening partnerships with community organizations
Mission: The mission of the Student Health and Human Services (SHHS) Division is to address barriers that prevent students from learning and to optimize their health and wellness in order to facilitate academic achievement.
Vision: Every LAUSD student will receive an education in a safe, caring environment, and every student will be college-prepared and career-ready.