The meal application process is federally mandated and the Food Services Division must follow all applicable regulations in order to continue to receive reimbursement funds. Each year the California Department of Education, Nutrition Services Division, must approve our meal application. Once approved, we begin the annual process of qualifying students for free and reduced meal benefits. We realize the process can often be quite confusing for parents and caregivers. To assist you, we have developed a few resources that are listed below.If you require additional assistance, your Cafe LA manager will be glad to assist, or you may call 213-241-3185.Sample ApplicationApplication in Foreign Languages
Online Meal Application
Parents and guardians can submit a meal application online. The online application will be processed within 24 hours, and you will not have to fill out a paper application and mail it or hand it over to the Food Services Manager at your child's school. By clicking on the link you can access the online meal application. APPLY NOWPara Español HAGA CLICK AQUI. In order to complete the application you will need:
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Food Services Division at 213-241-3185.
- Names, Dates of birth and school names for all LAUSD students including any income information for them, if they have an income.
- Names of all other household members with their income information.
- Last 4 digits of the Social Security Number of person submitting the application or indicate “I do not have one” if you do not have a Social Security Number.
- Just follow the instructions and provide the information being requested.
- Lastly after the final review, click on the submit tab and finish the application.