2022 OPEN ENROLLMENT
The Annual Benefits Open Enrollment starts on Monday, October 25, 2021, and ends on Sunday, November 21, 2021.
Aetna Dental PPO will replace United Concordia as the District's new dental PPO provider effective January 1, 2022. Please note, current United Concordia members who do not change dental plans during open enrollment will be automatically enrolled into the new Aetna Dental PPO plan. Visit www.aetnaresource.com/p/LAUSD for “Find a Dentist” and “Nominate my Dentist” tools. Contact Aetna if you have any questions at (877) 338-1579.
To access the Open Enrollment Portal, click Enroll Here.
Employees: Use your District issued single sign-on to login.
Retirees: Your District issued single sign-on was mailed to you in your open enrollment packet along with instructions on how to register and activate your single sign-on. If you are unable to register or you do not have access to a computer, Benefits Administration staff can assist you with making plan changes over the phone. You do not need to register or notify Benefits Administration if you have no plan changes to make. Refer to the Open Enrollment Resources section below for more information. You may also view our Step-by-Step Video Demo which walks you through the registration process.
1. 2022 Open Enrollment Resources
a. Retiree Benefits Guide
b. Cover Letter
c. Sample Worksheet
d. Notice of Creditable Coverage
e. New Online Registration Process: Step-by-Step Instructions
f. New Online Registration Process: Step-by Step Video Demo
g. Ready to Register? Click here
2. Summary of Benefits and Coverage
3. Need Help?
Benefits Administration is here to help.
Call: (213) 241-4262
1. Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Effective 10/01/2020, the District will provide Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Anthem to all LAUSD employees, as a free resource during these unprecedented times. The program is confidential and accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It offers a wide variety of professional services, referrals, and online resources to help cope with stressful situations. Some of the services include:
- 3 one-on-one professional counseling by phone, in-person, or online per issue
- Crisis Consultation
- Legal and financial consultation
- ID recovery and monitoring
- Dependent care and daily living resources
- Online digital resources
2. Alternative Medical Methods/Services during Covid-19
During this difficult time of battling COVID-19, our health care partners are offering alternative methods to essential medical services as your health and well-being is important. Copays related to COVID-19 will be waived.
- Health Net Nurse Advice Line - If you have the symptoms related to COVID-19, you can access our Health Net Nurse Advice Line. To learn more, please call us at 1-800-893-5597. Our Nurse Advice line can answer general questions you may have about Coronavirus.
- Teladoc - Health Net LAUSD Medicare retirees get free 24/7 telephone access to doctors for non-emergency consultations anytime, anywhere. Visit our website at www.healthnet.com/lausd, log in, and register at the Teledoc site. Or you can go directly to https://member.teladoc.com/hn and register.
- HEAL for Sick/Urgent Care Only - If you are experiencing acute symptoms such as high fever or shortness of breath, call 911 immediately. If you think you might have COVID-19 and have mild or no symptoms, then book a urgent care Heal house call and enter your symptoms (such as cough, fever, etc.) and a Heal Doctor will carry out a remote house call. A remote house call is a Heal Doctor talking with you by phone or video chat (if you have the Heal iOS or Android app) to help determine your risk level for COVID-19. Please visit: https://heal.com/healthnet/.
- The Active and Fit Direct program offers fitness center memberships to 10,000+ fitness centers nationwide for just $25 a month (plus a $25 enrollment fee and applicable taxes). For more information, please visit our website at www.activeandfitdirect.com.
- Babylon Health - Health Net LAUSD members get no cost telephone and video medical appointments with a provider 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Visit our website at www.healthnet.com/lausd and download the Babylon app and register on your mobile phone. Or you can go directly to www.babylonhealth.com/us/hnc and register.
- Kaiser Permanente has temporarily closed select medical offices. Other offices are limiting services during the COVID-19 outbreak. Details can be found at Kaiser Facility Updates.
- Phone Appointment - Have a condition that doesn’t require an in-person exam? Talk with a doctor over the phone when it’s convenient. Make an appointment online at kp.org/getcare or be calling 1-833-KP4CARE (1-833-574-2273) (TTY 711).
- 24/7 Care and Advice by Phone - Call us for advice when you need it most at 1-833-KP4CARE (1-833-574-2273) (TTY 711). We’ll help you find out what care is right for you, schedule appointments, and more.
- Video Visit - Meet face-to-face with a doctor by video for the same high-quality care as an in-person visit. To schedule an appointment, call 1-833-KP4CARE (1-833-574-2273) (TTY 711).
- E-Visit - Get quick and convenient online care from a Kaiser Permanente provider, including some prescriptions and 24/7 self-care advice. Fill out a short questionnaire about your symptoms, and a clinician will get back to you with a care plan. Online at kp.org/getcare.
- Email - Message your doctor’s office with non-urgent questions anytime through kp.org or the Kaiser Permanente app.
- Additional Kaiser resources such as Telehealth (24/7 Care Advice), Urgent Care Locations, and Travel Emergency/Urgent Care can be found in the "Miscellaneous" section of the Forms and Publications page.
- Telehealth / Livehealth Online - Telehealth / LiveHealth Online is a safe and helpful way to use Anthem benefits to see a doctor to receive health guidance related to COVID-19 without leaving home, using your smart phone, tablet or computer-enabled web cam. While COVID-19 can’t be confirmed through virtual or remote care, care teams can screen members, assign risk, answer questions and recommend the next steps a member should take. Patients with COVID-19 who are at low risk are treated in the home unless they are sick enough to require in-person care. Access at https://livehealthonline.com/.
- 24/7 NurseLine - 24/7 NurseLine has trained nurses to ask additional probing questions to members with respiratory symptoms and coached nurses to use updated HealthWise Connect COVID-19 information and the CDC web site. The number is 1-800-977-0027.
- The Anthem Coronavirus COVID-19 fact sheet discusses what is it, how to prevent it, and what Anthem benefits cover.
3. Anthem Medicare Preferred (PPO) Medical Plan
The Anthem Medicare Preferred (PPO) Medical plan is available to retirees and their dependents who are over the age of 65 with Medicare Parts A and B. This 50 state Medicare plan includes enhanced benefits such as no copays, no coinsurance, no deductibles, and offers the same benefits whether you use an in-network or out-of-network provider that accepts Medicare. For additional plan information, you may contact Anthem at (833) 277-5221.