The Steering Committee has worked to develop some accommodations for NBC Teachers in these unique circumstances. Please click on the link and read the guidelines.
Stay safe and well, Peggy, Aleeta, Esmerelda and Scott
National Board Certified Teachers (NBC) shall continue to be eligible for a 7½% differential for work in the classroom through distance learning. NBC teachers not able to attain the total ninety-two (92) hours needed for the additional 7½% differential in the 2019-2020 school year shall be able to make up the difference between their additional hours worked and the ninety-two (92) in the 2020-2021 school year.
Thank you for visiting the forms page of our website. Please read the following information and be sure to take each step as needed throughout the school year.
1. National Board Certification
- Already certified? CONGRATULATIONS!
- Seeking Certification? Contact Michael de la Torre at email@example.com for information on the certification process and support offered by Los Angeles Unified.
2. Notify the NBC office upon Certification and each time you recertify
- Forward the email confirming your certification/re-certification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Submit the Principal Assignment Certification and Commitment Form Each Year
Submission on Schoology continues as the way to submit logs for 20-21!
- a. Log in to Schoology using your LAUSD single sign on.
- PAC and Commitment Form Course Access Code. QDQ8-JVK4-DWZ7S (click on courses, join course, paste access code)
- 20 21 Principal Assignment Certification (PAC)--You will need to have your class code on the form for it to be accepted --click on the link for a list of class codes NBC Class Code List
- The directions and link for the Commitment Form/Action Plan are in the same Schoology class
- To check and see if we have received your submissions log into the class, then click on 'grades' at the left.
- The PAC will have a score of 100, 50 or 0 based on the percentage of your eligibility. A score of 1 indicates you need to revise and resubmit. There will be a comment indicating what needs to be changed if you need to revise in order to have the submission accepted.
- Upload your PAC as a PDF document (directions for creating a pdf using a smart phone or tablet can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc7dkXaer2s&feature=youtu.be
- In the second assignment click on the link and completed the Commitment Form. Please do not upload anything. We will verify completion by looking at your submissions.
Newly Certified due dates: PAC 12/18/20 Commitment Form 12/18/20
4. NBC Information Meeting--mandatory for 20-21, coming soon Mentor Information Meeting--mandatory (annually) if reporting Task 1a-e hours, waived if ONLY supporting BTGDI or TPSL teachers Log Submission Tutorials--Mandatory--coming soon
- Register on MyPLN
5. Download NBC Logs
- Go to the Guidelines and Logs Page--read everything on the page
- Click on the link at the bottom of the page to go to the guidelines page
- Read the top of the page then click on the button for each task you are interested in
- Read the Task Guidelines carefully and contact yourNBC Liaison if you have any questions
- The link to download the logs are at the end of the guidelines for that task
6. Mentor Forms--For those Assigned or Waiting to be Assigned as a Mentor for Task 1a-e
- Mentor Application--Requires Administrator Confirmation and Resume Complete every 5 years 20 21 NBC MENTOR APPLICATION
- Mentor Availability--Indicate that you are available to mentor for the year 20-21 Mentor Availability Form
- Mentor Match-Up Form--check the list of mentees to see if there is someone at or near your school waiting for a match-up Be sure to check if they need a credential alike match--a code to view the list on Schoology will be sent once you have completed the Mentor Availability Form
- Online Monthly Mentor Log (by the 5th of each month for all tasks 1a-1e)-- 20 21 Monthly Online Mentor Log
7. Complete the Online Hours Overview Each Time You Turn in a Log
- The online hours overview is required each time you submit your log.
- 20 21 Fall Overview coming October 2020--click here to complete the form
- Fall Online Hours Overview--Link Available 1st week of November
8. Prepare Log
- Be sure to complete each log page you are submitting legibly, completely, and accurately according to the directions
- Gather signatures and evidence at the time of the activity
- Be sure to carefully read the guidelines to identify the required evidence and be prepared to submit it with your log
- Log Preparation Guidelines
- View this video for directions on how to use your smart phone or tablet to create a multi-page pdf: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc7dkXaer2s&feature=youtu.be
9. Submit Log
Fall Log--Due November 15, 2020
Spring Log--Due May 9, 2021; Newly Certified NBC Due May 16, 2021
CHANGE OF INFORMATION FORM
NBC Teachers are responsible for notifying NBC staff when there are changes to eligibility status, assignment or personal information related to NBC documentation or processing of compensation. The program is not automatically notified when chainges are made through other district offices.
Please complete the information at this link to alert us of changes in personal information or assignment. Change of Information Form
The following forms need to be submitted by teachers with special circumstances (COMING SOON):
- The CHANGE IN STATUS form is required for teachers who will leave or rejoin eligibility for NBC compensation (change in position, leave of absence, retirement, etc.)
- The INFORMATION UPDATE form is required for teachers who need to share important changes such as address or name changes.