- Los Angeles Unified School District
- Teacher Support Unit
National Board Certified Teachers (NBC Teachers) shall continue to be eligible for the regular NBC differential. No rollover hours will be available for the 21-22 school year.
ELIGIBILITY AND FORMS INFORMATION
NATIONAL BOARD CERTIFICATION (NBPTS)
National Board Certification
- Already certified? CONGRATULATIONS!
- Seeking Certification? Contact Michael de la Torre at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on the certification process and support offered by Los Angeles Unified.
NOTIFY THE NBC OFFICE UPON CERTIFICATION/RE-CERTIFICATION
Notify the NBC office upon Certification and each time you recertify
- Forward the email confirming your certification/re-certification to email@example.com, cc firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
CHECK ELIGIBILITY FOR THE NBCT DIFFERENTIAL
Check your eligibility for the NBCT Differential
- An employee of Los Angeles Unified in a position represented by UTLA; Positions not represented by UTLA are ineligible for the NBC incentive
- Have current National Board Certification from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- Teacher that works in a classroom setting directly with students daily
- 60% of each day or more (as indicated on the job description and monthly calendar): 100% eligibility
- 50-59% of each day (as indicated on the job description and monthly calendar): 50% eligibility
- If part or all of the assignment is in an 'out of the classroom' position the job flyer/description and sample schedule on the calendar template must be submitted to determine eligibility—if you have already been serving in the position it should be a calendar representing an actual month of service
- Not an employee Los Angeles Unified or in a position not represented by UTLA
- Teacher that works in a classroom setting directly with students daily for less than 50% of the day
- Work in a classroom setting directly with students daily is not a part of the job description (on official job flyer or class code job description)
- Temporarily ineligible while on leave for 20 days or more—see guidelines to notify NBC office of begin/end dates of leave; if temporarily out of the classroom for other reasons contact firstname.lastname@example.org to clarify if you will be eligible for the differential during that time
Full or Part Time Out-of-Classroom Assignments
Procedures for Special Circumstances
- Teachers who are on leave for 20 days or longer are ineligible for the NBC incentive during that time (the base 7.5% and/or activities for the 92 hours). NBC Teachers who will be on leave are required to complete the Information Update Form posted on the forms page of the NBC website before starting the leave and again when returning from leave. The incentive may not be reinstated until the NBC Teacher is officially returned to active status working in a classroom each day. If paid for any or all of the ineligible time the money will need to be repaid to Los Angeles Unified. time
- NBC Teachers in full or part time Out-of-Classroom Positions (including but not limited to coordinatorships, instructional coaches, advisor positions, teacher expert) must register for the NBC Out-of-Classroom Course and follow the directions within the course including submission of documents to confirm eligibility and monthly calendars. Full Time classroom assignments such as Resource Specialist, Itinerant Teacher or Library Media Teachers who work with students for 50% of the day or more qualify under the classroom teacher guidelines. The access code for the Schoology course will be on the forms page of the NBC website. Incentives paid to NBC Teachers who are ineligible will need to be repaid to the Los Angeles Unified. 21-22 Schoology NBC Out-of-Classroom course access code: M2ZF-9XD6-54TNJ
- NBC Teachers need to complete the Information Update Form whenever there is a significant change after the PAC and Commitment Form are submitted for the year. These include, but are not limited to, change of name, address, phone, school site, position; move to or from an eligible assignment; beginning or ending a leave of absence; retiring or leaving the Los Angeles Unified. The link to the Information Update Form is on the forms page of the NBC website.
SUBMIT PAC & COMMITMENT FORM
NBC INFORMATION MEETING
NBC Information Meeting
Mandatory for the 21-22 School Year
Attend the NBC Information Meeting to get information on guidelines and changes for the current year.
Registration is available on MyPLN.
Mentor Forms--For those Assigned or Waiting to be Assigned as a Mentor for Task 1a-e--Please see the NBC Mentor Page of our website.
NBC POLICIES, PROCEDURES, GUIDELINES AND LOGS
Policies, Procedures, Guidelines and Logs
Please see the NBC 92 Hours Guidelines and Logs Page for links and information on Policies, Procedures, Guidelines and Logs
- Go to the Guidelines and Logs Page
- Be sure to read the top of the page and all documents in the policies and procedures sections.
- Click on the links for each task you are interested in--read carefully, changes may occur from year to year
- If you have any questions about polices, procedures, guidelines or logs contact your NBC Liaison
PAC and Commitment Form Submission Directions
- Submit the Principal Assignment Certification and Commitment Form Each Year (mandatory in order to receive any part of the differential). These are submitted in the same Schoology Course.
- Submit as soon as possible after July 1, but no later than September 19, 2021.
- Log in to Schoology using your LAUSD single sign on. Click on courses, join course, enter access code
- 21 22 PAC & Commitment Form Course Access Code: 3GQJ-69XP-KMNZ2
- The PAC will have a score of 100, 50 or 0 based on the percentage of your eligibility.
- A score of 1 or no score with a comment indicates you need to revise and resubmit. The comment will indicate what needs to be changed if you need to revise in order to have the submission accepted.
- Be sure that all sections in lime green are completed and TWO boxes regarding your assignment are checked.
- Please note that this score only validates that the PAC has been received and reviewed. All eligibility criteria must be met in order to be eligible for the NBC differential.
- Upload your PAC as a PDF document (directions for creating a pdf using a smart phone or tablet can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc7dkXaer2s&feature=youtu.be
- This is the second assignment in the course.
- Click on the link and complete the commitment form. Don't forget to click submit.
- You will receive a confirmation in your email automatically within minutes.
- Save the confirmation document as a pdf. Upload a screenshot of the first page of the confirmation or the entire confirmation into the assignment. Due as soon as possible after July 1 but no later than 9/19/21
- To check and see if we have received your submissions, log into the class, then click on 'grades' at the left.
- Be sure to complete each log page you are submitting legibly, completely, and accurately according to the directions
- Gather signatures and evidence at the time of the activity
- Be sure to carefully read the guidelines to identify the required evidence and be prepared to submit it with your log
- For each Task that you are submitting hours for you will upload ONE pdf that contains all logs and evidence for that Task--individual pages will not be approved
- Click this link to view Log Preparation Guidelines
- View this video for directions on how to use your smart phone or tablet to create a multi-page pdf: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc7dkXaer2s&feature=youtu.be
- Schoology Access Code: 21 22 code coming soon
- Fall Log--Due November 7, 2021
- Spring Log--Due May 8, 2022
- Both Continuing and Newly Certified NBC Teachers
- The online hours overview is required each time you submit your log.
- The Online Hours Overview link is in the Schoology Course. This should be completed after you have submitted all task logs for the semester.
- The coversheet is required each time you submit your log.
- The Coversheet and link for submission is in the Schoology Course. This should be the last document submitted for your logs.
INFORMATION UPDATE FORM
INFORMATION UPDATE FORM
NBC Teachers are responsible for notifying NBC staff when there are changes to eligibility status, assignment or personal information related to NBC documentation or processing of compensation. The program is not automatically notified when changes are made through other district offices.
Please complete the information at this link to alert us of changes in personal information or assignment. 21 22 INFORMATION UPDATE FORM
- The CHANGE OF INFORMATION form is required for teachers who will leave or rejoin eligibility for NBC compensation (change in position, begin leave of absence, return from leave, changes in name, phone or address, retirement, etc.)
- Although teachers may email staff members or provide information during conversations regarding changes in status, entering information on this form is the only official process for these notifications.
- Failure to submit this form regarding some changes in status, such as leaves of absence, may result in over-payments which will need to be repaid to the District.
- Additionally, eligible payments may not be received if information is not updated when changes occur.