INTEGRATED DISABILITY MANAGEMENTDawn Watkins, Director
Protected Leaves and Absences
This information will help you navigate Protected Leaves and Absences as they are applied at Los Angeles Unified School District with the federal Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), California Family Rights Act (CFRA), California Pregnancy Disability Leave Act (PDL), and California Paid Parental Leave (PPL).
You'll find helpful materials such as forms and publications, frequently asked questions and checklists, and practical tools and resources to gain a better understanding of Protected Leaves and Absences and how they apply to you. Whether you are an employee who may need to request a leave or an administrator or supervisor who must administer one, here you will find all of the information you need.
FormsFMLA-8: Evidence of Relationship (EOR) Information Sheet: Parental Leave for Newborn, Adoption, or Foster Care
Department of Fair Employment and Housing PublicationsUnited States Department of LaborResourcesSummary of Bereavement, Kin Care, and Personal Necessity by Contract
- BUL-050498 Military Disability Treatment Leave
- BUL-093900.0 Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act (EPSL) and Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act (FMLA+) Policy
- BUL-1205.4 FMLA/CFRA Policy
- BUL-6861.0 Paid Parental Leave
- BUL-6689.0 Lactation Accommodations for Employees
- Payroll FFCRA Job Aid (New!)
- Protected Personal Necessity