Child Abuse TrainingThe Child Abuse Reporting Awareness Training is part of a District-wide initiative to ensure that all LAUSD employees clearly understand their duty to protect our students, as well as their individual responsibility as mandated reporters of suspected child abuse.
Child Abuse training may be accessed on-line as follows:
1. Proceed to https://lz.lausd.net
2. Log in using your single sign-on username and password (the same sign-on you use for District email)
3. Click the “My Classes” tab
4. Click the blue globe icon which appears to the left of the course title (not on the title itself)
5. The program will begin playing in a new window.
The training video can also be viewed at the Child Abuse Awareness Training Site.
Upon completion of your web-based learning and/or review of the Child Abuse Awareness Training, you MUST take the assessment for demonstration of knowledge and comprehension. To access the assessment click the My Assessment Tab in the Learning Zone. Your training will be deemed complete after passing the 10 question assessment with a score of 100%.
If you require technical assistance to access the training or experience technical difficulties during the course, please call the ITD HELPDESK at (213) 241-5200. Bulletin Policy Bulletin 1347.0 provides the basis for the training requirement for supervisors.