Personnel Research & Analysis
The Personnel Research and Analysis (PRA) section guides the Human Resources (HR) work in Administrator Recruitment and Assessment, Classification and Compensation, and Data Analysis.
These key District functions include collecting, generating data and analyzing its impact/implications for human capital strategies; creating and revising Human Resources and District policies regarding certificated HR matters; facilitating the recruitment and selection process for certificated administrators; maintaining certificated classification and compensation plans, class descriptions, and personnel policy guides; conducting classification studies of certificated and unclassified positions; and providing technical advice/resources to District offices, staff, and Board members.
For additional information, please call (213) 241-6356.
Resources• Certificated DemographicsSBACP DocumentsReferences
News and Information
School-Based Administrator Compensation Plan (SBACP)
The new streamlined School-Based Administrator Compensation Plan (SBACP) is effective for the 2013-14 school year. The SBACP is a transparent compensation-setting plan that can be leveraged for staffing decisions and replaces the former Ewing Study. The District will maintain current salary schedule levels for school-based administrators for which the SBACP has set a lower schedule, as long as the administrators remain at the same school in the same position.The current salary schedule levels are available under Quick Links - SBACP Documents
The School-Based Administrator Compensation Plan (SBACP) is based on:
- School type (e.g., Elementary, Secondary, SPAN)
- Classification/position (e.g., Principal, Assistant Principal)
- 3-year average student enrollment (e.g., 2010-11, 2011-12, and 2012-13, which includes magnet, special education, and pre-K SRLDP students)
The SBACP will strategically assist the District’s recruitment and retention goals by:
- Setting salary schedule levels to help remain competitive with surrounding school districts
- Providing transparent and objective compensation criteria
- Providing Educational Service Center leaders an opportunity to plan and staff key school leadership roles prospectively
- Providing a foundation for discussion of potential strategies to recruit, retain, and reward accomplished and successful school-based administrators