Spring Semester Update
Please note the following updates:
- The first day of the Los Angeles Unified Spring semester for all K-12 students will now be on Tuesday, January 11, 2022.
- Monday, January 10, 2022, will be designated as a Pupil Free Day for school site employees.
- Los Angeles Unified now requires COVID-19 testing for all students and employees, regardless of vaccination status, before the first week back from winter break. All students and employees will be required to have proof of a negative COVID-19 test in order to come onto campus on January 11.
- Employees and students can get a baseline test beginning Monday, January 3, 2022.
- For information on testing centers and to make a COVID-19 test appointment at a Los Angeles Unified site, please visit achieve.lausd.net/covidtestingappt or call the Family Help Desk at (213) 443-1300. While appointments are encouraged, no appointment is needed for Los Angeles Unified COVID-19 tests. For a link of operating hours by testing site, please visit achieve.lausd.net/covidtestingappt.
- COVID-19 at-home rapid self-tests are available for K-12 students. Please pick up your student’s free at-home COVID-19 rapid self-tests on Friday, January 7 and Saturday, January 8 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at any of our 63 Grab & Go sites. Please visit achieve.lausd.net/covid for a map of pickup locations.
- Families may upload external PCR or antigen tests, or at-home tests. Please make sure to upload onto the student’s Daily Pass account no later than Sunday January 9, 2022.
- For information on how to upload an external test result, please visit achieve.lausd.net/dailypass.
- Weekly testing will continue for all students and employees through the month of January.
- Masking will be required at all times, indoors and outdoors. It is strongly recommended that all students wear well-fitting, non-cloth masks with a nose wire. All employees are required to wear surgical grade masks or higher.
- Los Angeles Unified will continue to provide these kinds of masks to students and employees if they need them. Additionally, these masks will be available at our testing and Grab & Go sites.
- Vaccinations remain a key element in reducing the impact of COVID-19 on individuals and communities, and will be required for students 12 and older at the start of the Fall 2022 semester.
- Anyone 5 years or older is eligible for the two-dose Pfizer vaccine.
- Booster shots are available for anyone 16 and older, at least six months after their second dose.
- For information on available vaccination sites, please visit achieve.lausd.net/covidvaccineappt.
- Daily Pass health screening is required for all who enter school campuses. Click below for flyer with site information.
2021-2022 School Year
Please note Los Angeles Unified updated these guidelines on January 3, 2022. Los Angeles Unified will continue to collaborate with our health partners at the county and state levels, as well as our panel of medical experts and university partners. We also continue to review updates to county, state and federal guidance on a daily basis, and we may adjust policies accordingly. For more information, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.
In preparation for schools reopening on January 11, and in light of the rise in COVID-19 cases due to the Omicron variant, we are making changes to our health and safety protocols.
For more information about our Spring 2022 policies, please visit achieve.lausd.net/spring2022.
New to LAUSD? Click on image to Enroll!
Parents/guardians can utilize the enrollment application for new students attending their school of residence and entering Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten through 12th grade.
¿Nuevo en LAUSD? ¡Haga clic en la imagen para inscribirse!
Los padres / tutores pueden utilizar la solicitud de inscripción para los nuevos estudiantes que asisten su escuela de residencia y entrar a Kindergarten de transición / Kindergarten hasta el grado 12.
Your Child Has Tested Positive or Been Exposed to COVID-19. What Next?
Free COVID-19 Vaccine for Students
Los Angeles Unified is committed to providing access to vaccinations for our students ages 12+ and staff. Mobile vaccination teams will begin visiting schools beginning August 30, 2021.
Here’s a quick guide to make an appointment:
Check out when the mobile COVID vaccination team will be at your local secondary schools by selecting the Local District that supports your community:
Online Program Information
click on image for informational video
An Online Independent Study Program will also be available for families with medical, social-emotional, or other concerns. Students will receive daily live online instruction for part of the day and complete independent work when not learning directly with a teacher. This program will be an independent study program run through the City of Angels school, meaning students may not be learning from teachers at their current school.
Families can choose for their child to participate in the Online Program by August 6 by registering in the Parent Portal, or by filling out the contact form on the City of Angels website.
Roadmap to Social-Emotional Well-Being and Academic Success has practical strategies that children can use to cope with and bounce back from life's challenges. Click the image to view guide.
After over a year of online learning, we are excited to welcome back families to school sites! There are a lot of questions families have. Please reach out to your school site or the Los Angeles Unified Family Help Desk at 213-443-1300 or click on image to visit Return To School - FAQ
Return to School Resources for Students and Families.
Click on image to visit page.
Student and Family Resources
As we work together to raise awareness about mental health, reduce stigma and discrimination related to mental illness, and prevent suicides, it is vitally important that we take care of ourselves. During this stressful time, we remind you all, to place an emphasis on your own self-care. Take time to breathe, meditate, exercise, get plenty of sleep, and take a break from the news and social media periodically. We encourage you to visit the EMM resource center where you will find self-care articles, graphics, and tips to share on social media.
Click on images for more helpful resources.
Building on LAUSD's strategic plan for family engagement, the Superintendent's Collaborative seeks to include parents to provide family voice, leadership, and advocacy in partnership with Superintendent Brown and staff, further strengthening collaboration and outcomes across Local District West. More information coming soon.