Healthy Start Program
Healthy Start is designed to serve children, youth, their family members, and the community. The program provides comprehensive school-integrated services and activities to meet the desired results identified in the areas of:
• Youth Development
• Family Support
• Basic Needs
• Physical and Mental Health Care
By Coordinating integrated service delivery linking children and families to needed support and services, Healthy Starts are designed to:
• Ensure that each child recieves the physical, emotional, and
intellectual support needed.
• Build the capacity of students and parents to be participants,
leaders, and decision makers in their communities.
• Help schools, other child, and family-serving agencies integrate their
programs to provide more effective support to children and
Healthy Start Coordinators and Navigators are Certified Enrollment Counselors who assist all families apply for health insurance coverage.
If you would like assistance enrolling in healthcare coverage please call us at 1-866-742-2273 or view our calendar on the left to find an enrollment event near you.
To find a Healthy Start location near you click here.
- What's New
- Healthy Start Program
- Children's Health Access and Medi-Cal Programs (CHAMP)
- Community Partners
- CHAMP and Healthy Start Calendar
- Wellness Centers
- Wellness Channel
Warm-Up With Static & Dynamic Stretches
- Blueprint for Wellness Policy