The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program
The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) is a federally-funded program administered by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to help families struggling to afford broadband internet service. Starting May 12, families can apply for a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service as well as up to $100 toward a computing device from participating providers.
To date, the FCC has established that qualifying households could be offered a discount of up to $50 on monthly connectivity expenses if they are signed up with a participating internet service provider (ISP).
Three ways to Apply...
- Contact your preferred participating broadband provider directly to learn about their application process.
- Go to GetEmergencyBroadband.org to apply online and to find participating providers near you.
- Call 833-511-0311 for a mail-in application, and return it along with proof of eligibility to: Emergency Broadband Support Center, P.O. Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
Helpful EBB Resources
- Consumer FAQ - Questions and answers on eligibility, how to apply, participating service providers, connected device benefits, Tribal benefits, and program length.
- Participating Providers Look Up Tool - Find broadband service providers offering the Emergency Broadband Benefit in your state or territory.
- Emergency Broadband Benefit Consumer Information Hub
- GetEmergencyBroadband.org - The website where consumers will be able to apply for the benefit.
- Informational Webinar - View a webinar with an overview of the program, eligibility information, and enrollment procedures.
Spread the Word!
The FCC has provided an outreach tool kit with a wealth of materials you can use freely to share information with your school community. Select from the tools below of explore for yourself.
- Infographic (PDF; Hi-res PNG | Spanish: PDF; Hi-res PNG)
- Newsletter Blurb (Word | Spanish)
- Twitter and Facebook Posts (Word | Spanish)
- Fact Sheet (8 1/2" x 11" Word; PDF | Spanish: Word; PDF)
- Flyer I (8 1/2" x 11" PDF; Hi-res PNG | Spanish: PDF; Hi-res PNG)
- Flyer II (8 1/2" x 11" PDF; Hi-res PNG | Spanish: PDF; Hi-res PNG)
- Poster (8 1/2" x 11" PDF; Hi-res PNG | Spanish: PDF; Hi-res PNG)
- Consumer Handout (9" x 5" PDF | Spanish)
- Consumer Handout (4" x 5" two-sided PDF | Spanish)
- Consumer Handout (4" x 5" one-sided PDF | Spanish)