A year has passed since we celebrated the 50-year anniversary of the 1968 Walkouts.
Read last year's message from Board President García.
Vision 2068 in the News
- Los Angeles Unified School District Commemorates 1968 Walkouts with Community Events
- Student-nominated Sal Castro Awards
- L.A. UNIFIED STUDENTS COMMEMORATE THE EDUCATIONAL LEGACY OF THE 1968 EAST L.A. WALKOUTS BY ‘WALKING INTO’ CAL STATE LA
- EASTSIDE ARTS FESTIVAL IS BACK!
- City, State & National Civil Rights Leaders Commemorate 50th Anniversary of Milestone in Civil Rights History
- Unity Day to Celebrate Diversity in L.A. Unified
- District officials re-enact landmark meeting in ’68 commemoration
- LOCAL DISTRICT CENTRAL COMMEMORATES THE 1968 STUDENT WALKOUTS AT THE 2018 PERFORMING ARTS FESTIVAL
April 3, 2020
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Cesar E. Chavez Birthday Observed - No school in session
Tools to help prepare your classroom and your students to practice civil discourse, an essential skill for effective civic participation.
A packet of resources to engage students in peaceful dialogues about supporting safe school environments.