Los Angeles Unified School District
Los Angeles Unified is seeking qualified substitute teachers who will ensure the continuation of the instructional program in the absence of the regular teacher.
Candidates will need to meet the following qualifications to be eligible to be a Substitute Teacher:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher)
- A successful interview conducted by the Certificated Recruitment and Selection staff
- Strong references from the last 3 years of employment
- Successful completion of the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)
- Fingerprint and health clearance
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- All non-credentialed candidates will have a mandatory pre-service training requirement of sixteen (16) hours
Retired LAUSD teachers who are in accordance with current CalSTRS regulations and meet the District qualifications above may apply to become Limited Substitutes.
If you have questions regarding the application process and/or requirements, please call (213) 241-5300 or
How Do I Become a Substitute Teacher?
Step 1, Submit an application at www.teachinla.com
Step 2, Participate in a hiring interview
Step 3, Begin the onboarding process (which includes Tuberculosis Exam, Physical Exam, Proof of COVID Vaccine, and Teacher Training)
Step 4, Begin accepting Substitute Teacher assignments