Reduction in Force Information
Regretfully, due to budgetary challenges, the District has taken action to implement a Reduction in Force (RIF) of some of our valuable employees. While there is hope that solutions may be found to mitigate the severity of this RIF, letters have been sent in order to comply with California Education Code requirements. As your employer, LAUSD has created this special webpage to provide you with important information, options and answers to frequently asked questions. HR staff are available to support and assist you during this difficult time. Please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if the information and/or answers you are seeking are not found on this webpage. Our staff are committed to responding to you in a timely manner.
Other District Employment Options
For our certificated employees affected by the Reduction in Force, there are other certificated employment options within LAUSD. A series of informational meetings will be held to provide information regarding the following opportunities:
- Substitute Teaching - Prior to June 1, 2015, all employees affected by the Reduction in Force will receive information regarding the opportunity to serve as substitute teachers in LAUSD.
- Special Education - For teachers who already hold a general education credential, the Credentialed Educators Now Teaching Special Education (CENTSE) Program offers an opportunity to earn an Education Specialist Credential to teach students with mild-to-moderate and moderate-to-severe disabilities. Click here for more details.
- Adding Authorizations to Existing Credentials - For teachers who already hold a general education credential, you may be able to add a credential in an additional subject area.
- Early Childhood Education - Teachers with Multiple Subject credentials may qualify for an Early Childhood Teacher permit. Click here for more details.
EAP is a benefit for LAUSD employees who do not have health benefits. EAP offers many services including:
Services are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Please call (800) 285-7717; TDD (800) 327-0801 or go to http://members.mhn.com (Company Code: lausd)Employees with district health insurance may seek out counseling services through their health care provider.Employment Development Department - Unemployment Insurance
- Confidential counseling sessions (3 free sessions per person)
- Financial and legal services
- Legal assistance
- Stress management