Elementary Math PD Opportunities
There are a number of PD opportunites listed on MyPLN (My Professional Learning Network). MyPLN hosts online trainings, videos, and resources as well as serves as a site to enroll in courses offered throughout the district. A few opportunities have been listed below and can be searched for under "Courses".
- Summer 2015 Elementary Math Principal PD
- Building a Common Core Math Classroom
SBAC ASSESSMENT SCORING
Educational Testing Service (ETS) is hosting a series of in-person workshops on the rubrics and anchors used to score the constructed responses on the Smarter Balanced Summative and Interim Assessments. Information can be found for all three workshop on this flyer.
- Summer Scoring Workshop (August 2015)- Training for teachers in the effective use of the rubrics used on the Smarter Balanced Math and ELA Assessments (registration now available here)
- Interim Assessment Scoring Workshop (September-October 2015)- Training for teachers in the effective use of the rubrics and in the use of the Interim Hand Scoring System
- Weekend Summative Assessment Scoring Workshops (March-May 2016)- Training for educators interested in scoring the 2016 Smarter Balanced Assessments
CALIFORNIA MATHEMATICS SOUTH (CMC-S)
The 56th Annual CMC-S Mathematics Conference will take place on Nov. 6th and 7th in Palm Springs. Join others from all over the country to learn from top math educators about implementing Common Core Math Standards in your classroom. You will have over 280 sessions to choose from and will walk away with instructional strategies and best practices for all learners. Be sure to join LD South's very own Rafael Quintanilla, Math Coach at Bonita ES and Harbor City ES, and Christina Moore, AP at Miramonte ES and 122nd St. ES, as they present "Talk Number to Me: The Ratio Table". Their content knowledge and presentation style will blow you away! Registration for this conference can be found here: 56th CMC-South Annual Mathematics Conference