Embracing our diversity to educate L.A.'s youth, ensure academic achievement and empower tomorrow's leaders. We are L.A. Unified.
TITLE I - Local District South
The purpose of Title I is to meet the educational needs of children from low-income households and the needs of children in local institutions for neglected or delinquent children. Participants include students who are at-risk of failing, disabled, and in private schools.
TIP OF THE WEEK
1. Begin to identify any Title I Purchased Equipment that was salvaged this year.
2. Keep track of serial numbers and locations for Title I funded equipment.
3. Refer to the presentation from the meeting on 4/15/21.
DUE DATES, DEADLINES, & INFORMATION
2021 - 2022 SPSA
The 2021 - 2022 SPSA with TSP Plan is due on or before February 19, 2021.
Due to the lack of end of year data (result of school closures), all responses on the SPSA Key Findings should focus on 2018-2019 CA Dashboard ELA and Math subgroups. Refer to guidance provided at the November 17, 2020 Title I Designee Meeting.
2020-2021 TITLE I BUDGET ADJUSTMENTS AND SPSA MODIFICATIONS
All Budget Adjustments and SPSA Modifications must adhere to the following dates:
December 18, 2020 - Submitted SPSA Modifications and Budget Adjustments for Technology
January 30, 2021 - Shopping Carts created in SAP for Technology
February 2, 2021 - Must allocate all funds from Pending Distribution and have Budget Adjustment submitted
2020-2021 Title I Designee Meetings (for All LD South Title I Designees)
- August 27, 2020(new) 9:00-10:30am with optional extended learning 10:30-11:15am
- September 17, 2020 for Community of Schools:Carson, Harbor City/Lomita, Rivera,
- October 15, 2020 Gardena
- November 19, 2020 12:30-2:00pm with optional extended learning 2:00-2:45pm
- January 20, 2021 for Community of Schools: Fremont, Achievement, San Pedro,
- February 18, 2021 Wilmington, Partnerships
- April 15, 2021
Choice 1 8:30am - 9:15amChoice 2 10:30am-11:15amChoice 3 1:30pm-2:15pmChoice 4 3:30pm-4:15pm
- May 20, 2021
Title I Designee Meetings Only for NEW LD South Title I Designees
- August 28, 2020(new) 9:00-11:00am
- January 22, 2021 9:00-11:00am
COVID-19 FEDERAL-FUNDED EQUIPMENT CHECK-OUT AND CHECK-IN FORMS
First, read the Notes section of the "Job Aid for Completing the Covid-19 Federal-Funded Equipment Check In and Check-Out" and then read the rest of the Job Aid.
The job aid contains guidance on using the "COVID-19 Federal-Funded Equipment Check Out/In" form and on using other options to meet this requirement of tracking devices used for distance learning.
TITLE I COVID-19 FAQs
Title I COVID-19: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) from FSEP. Click the link for the Frequently Asked Questions about the Title I program and the use of funds during the COVID-19 period. Please check back often as these FAQS may be updated as we move forward during this period.
Frequently Asked Questions Categories:
- Title I Purchases: FAQ 1-9
- School Site Council Approval: FAQ 9-11
- School Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA): FAQ 12-14
- Time and Effort Documentation for Professional Development (PD), Intervention: FAQ 15-21
- Repurposing Federal Equipment and Supplies for COVID-19 Distance Learning: FAQ 22
COVID-19 Periodic Certification (FAQ 15)
BD FY 21-22 - 2nd Allocation FAQs (3/17/21)
Budget Development Training Feb. 10th and 12th
MEM-6016.7 (Rev 2) 2019-2020 Procurement Year-End Closing Timelines - Updated 04/27/2020
Budget Development Training Materials (from the February 6, 7, 11 Budget Development Trainings)
BULLETINS, MEMORANDUMS, and
CLICK HERE (FSEP Publicatons Page) for all current Title I Bulletins, Memorandums, and Reference Guides
- Restricted Use of P-Card, Ghost Card and Travel Card (T-Card) for Title I Program Purchases
- Documentation for Employees Paid from Federal and State Categorical Programs
- Additional Review Process for Title I Expenditures (Shopping Carts, Imprest Reconciliations, P-Card Reconciliations and Payroll Overdrafts)
- Inventory Requirements for Equipment Purchased with Categorical Program Funds
- and many, many more
MEM-6016.8 2020-2021 Procurement Year-End Closing Timelines - Updated 03/15/2021
LD SOUTH SCHOOLS by TITLE I COORDINATOR
2020-2021 Community of Schools by LD South Title I Coordinator
- Carson (Afia Hemphill)
- Harbor City/Lomita (Terry Ball, Interim)
- Fremont (Dr. Robert Whitman)
- Achievement Network (Myrna N. Brutti)
- Partnership Schools - Grape St ES, Griffith Joyner ES, Ritter ES, Markham MS, Jordan HS
- San Pedro (Lou Mardesich)
- Wilmington (David Kooper)
- Gardena (Rosemarie Martinez)
- Rivera (Dr. Reginald Sample)
- Partnership Schools - 99th St ES, 107th St ES, Figueroa St ES
FSEP has determined that ALL multi-funded postions (Title I Designee/TSP Advisor for example) will be required to complete a Multi-Funded Time Report. Since the current bulletin is not scheduled to be revised this year, Attachment F has been updated as Attachment F-1. You can download Attachment F-1 below
- Attachment B1 & B2 - Periodic Certification (Fillable)
- Attachment F - Administrator Assurances (Fillable)
- Attachment G - Division Administrator Assurances (Fillable)
School PLAN for STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT (SPSA)
CA SCHOOL DASHBOARD
CA School Dashboard 5 x 5 Tables (print friendly)
What Works Clearinghouse - to provide educators with the information they need to make evidence-based decisions.
Evidence for ESSA - Your new standard for the most up-to-date and reliable information on programs that meet ESSA evidence standard
LAUSD Master Agreements (MA) - Bench Contracts - Link to LAUSD Procurement Services list of Master Agreements (MA) - Bench Contracts
PACE - LD SOUTH PARENT And COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Important LD South PACE infomation will be posted on Schoology. The Group Name is LD South - Title I. Contact Debbie Siriwardene, LD South PACE Administrator for the Access Code.
Use this link Tools for Schools - LAUSD Parent Community Services (PCS) to access:
- Parent Workshops - Graduation Requirements Workshops, College and Career Readiness, etc.
- Title I -California Dashboard Presentation to Parents, Title I Annual Meeting Resources, etc.
- School Site Councils - Orientation and Election Resources