Embracing our diversity to educate L.A.'s youth, ensure academic achievement and empower tomorrow's leaders. We are L.A. Unified.
TITLE I - Local District South
The purpose of Title I is to meet the educational needs of children from low-income households and the needs of children in local institutions for neglected or delinquent children. Participants include students who are at-risk of failing, disabled, and in private schools.
TIP OF THE WEEK
Refer to the Optional Workshops to Support LD South Title I Designees if you're looking for some refreshers on topics. Click here.
For More Than a Meal information and questions, contact Mercedes Velazquez or Desdra Butler. Additional information can be found in the MORE THAN A MEAL section of this website below.
DUE DATES, DEADLINES, & INFORMATION
SPSA Evaluation Due October 31, 2021
Optional Title I Workshops - Click here for Topics and Dates
COVID-19 FEDERAL-FUNDED EQUIPMENT CHECK-OUT AND CHECK-IN FORMS
First, read the Notes section of the "Job Aid for Completing the Covid-19 Federal-Funded Equipment Check In and Check-Out" and then read the rest of the Job Aid.
The job aid contains guidance on using the "COVID-19 Federal-Funded Equipment Check Out/In" form and on using other options to meet this requirement of tracking devices used for distance learning.
TITLE I COVID-19 FAQs
Title I COVID-19: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) from FSEP. Click the link for the Frequently Asked Questions about the Title I program and the use of funds during the COVID-19 period. Please check back often as these FAQS may be updated as we move forward during this period.
Frequently Asked Questions Categories:
- Title I Purchases: FAQ 1-9
- School Site Council Approval: FAQ 9-11
- School Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA): FAQ 12-14
- Time and Effort Documentation for Professional Development (PD), Intervention: FAQ 15-21
- Repurposing Federal Equipment and Supplies for COVID-19 Distance Learning: FAQ 22
COVID-19 Periodic Certification (FAQ 15)
BULLETINS, MEMORANDUMS, and
CLICK HERE (FSEP Publicatons Page) for all current Title I Bulletins, Memorandums, and Reference Guides
- Restricted Use of P-Card, Ghost Card and Travel Card (T-Card) for Title I Program Purchases
- Documentation for Employees Paid from Federal and State Categorical Programs
- Additional Review Process for Title I Expenditures (Shopping Carts, Imprest Reconciliations, P-Card Reconciliations and Payroll Overdrafts)
- Inventory Requirements for Equipment Purchased with Categorical Program Funds
- and many, many more
MEM-6016.8 2020-2021 Procurement Year-End Closing Timelines - Updated 03/15/2021
Bulletin_2643.10_-_Time_and_Effort_Documentation - Version 07/20/20
Periodic Certification - CPA/ TSP since these are two different positions.
Multi Funded Time Report (MFTR) - For example: Instructional Coach - Funded 50% Title I and 50% TSP, will be required to complete a Multi-Funded Time Report since it's one position that is multi-funded.
- Attachment B1 & B2 - Periodic Certification (Fillable)
- Attachment F - Administrator Assurances (Fillable)
- Attachment G - Division Administrator Assurances (Fillable)
LD SOUTH SCHOOLS by TITLE I COORDINATOR
2021-2022 Community of Schools by LD South Title I Coordinator
- Carson (Afia Hemphill)
- Harbor City/Lomita (Veronica McKenrick)
- Fremont (Dr. Robert Whitman)
- Achievement Network (Myrna N. Brutti)
- Partnership Schools
Vacant (Deborah Davidock supporting during transition)
- San Pedro (Lou Mardesich)
- Wilmington (David Kooper)
- Gardena (Rosemarie Martinez)
- Rivera (Carlos Montes)
School PLAN for STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT (SPSA)
CA SCHOOL DASHBOARD
What Works Clearinghouse - to provide educators with the information they need to make evidence-based decisions.
Evidence for ESSA - Your new standard for the most up-to-date and reliable information on programs that meet ESSA evidence standard
LAUSD Master Agreements (MA) - Bench Contracts - Link to LAUSD Procurement Services list of Master Agreements (MA) - Bench Contracts
TITLE I MEETING
Click here to access the 2021-2022 SWP Title I Overview PowerPoint and the sample Title I Annual Meeting letters for SWP schools and the Annual Title I Meeting Requirement
PACE - LD SOUTH PARENT And COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Important LD South PACE infomation will be posted on Schoology. The Group Name is LD South - Title I. Contact Debbie Siriwardene, LD South PACE Administrator for the Access Code.
Use this link Tools for Schools - LAUSD Parent Community Services (PCS) to access:
- Parent Workshops - Graduation Requirements Workshops, College and Career Readiness, etc.
- Title I -California Dashboard Presentation to Parents, Title I Annual Meeting Resources, etc.
- School Site Councils - Orientation and Election Resources