Welcome ParentsOur students are preparing to enter a competitive world in which digital technology is as essential as pens were when their parents were in school. The learning and creative potential of technology in the hands of every student can be fully realized only with the full participation of parents/guardians and families. Even before devices start going home, it’s essential that parents/guardians join the adventure to explore how their children can best use technology. The pages in this section include information that can help you explore:
- Safety and Responsibility Online
- Technology at School
- Technology at Home
- LAUSD Parent/Guardian Responsibilities
LAUSD is partnering with Common Sense Media, a not-for-profit organization >that offers comprehensive, research-based resources that can help students to thrive online, staying safe and responsible as they explore, learn, and interact. Some Common Sense Media website sections that you might want to look at include:
- best apps and games, as determined by experts at Common Sense Media.
- blog for parents. The sidebar on the right of that page allows you to browse by age group.
- Family tip sheets, listed by topic and by children’s grade levels (available in English and in Spanish)
- Videos (including Spanish-language videos) with advice on topics ranging from Learning with Technology, to Texting Tips for Parents
- Frequently asked questions and other information, searchable by grade level, related to ...
- Reviews of movies, games, apps, websites, TV shows, books, and music