School Experience Survey (SES)
Frequently Asked Questions
SES Fall 2020 Resources & faqs
- “Do students need their 10 digit LAUSD ID to complete their survey?”Each student received their own unique link via MyMail (lausd.net) to take the survey. No password is needed if they use their assigned link to the survey. Students should NOT share their link with anyone.
- “How do i get a paper copy of the parent survey?” Please contact your child’s school to request a copy and make plans to pick it up at the school.
- “My school ran out of paper copies. how do i get more?” Unfortunately, additional copies are not available and cannot be ordered. Please ask parents to take the survey online by going to https://achieve.lausd.net/SchoolExperienceSurveyand clicking on the appropriate “Parent Survey” button near the top of the page.
- “How do I access the online parent survey?” To access the ONLINE Parent Survey, go to http://achieve.lausd.net/schoolexperiencesurvey, click on the appropriate button, choose your child’s school type, school name, and current grade level, and then take the survey.
- “How many surveys should i complete if i have more than one child at a school?” Only onesurvey per household per school is expected to be completed by parents of Preschool to Grade 12 students. If parents have more than one child at a school, they only respond one time to the survey (based on the oldest child at the school). If parents have children at more than one LAUSD school, they should respond once for each school where they have a child enrolled.
- “My student did not receive an email to access the school experience survey. how do i get a link so they can take the survey?” Questions to ask:
- Is the student in grade 4-12? If no then the student does not participate.
- Did the student enroll after 9/21? If yes then the student does not participate. Only students enrolled as of September 21st2020 will receive an email.
- Is he/she an alternate curriculum student? If yes, then the student does not participate.
- Did the student scan their inbox to search for “School Experience Survey” (email subject)
- Did the student check their trash folder?
- Did the student check their spam folder?
- “Do Adult Education Schools participate in the survey?”At this time, no surveys are available for students, or staff, or parents of students in adult schools. The SES is only for PK-12 stakeholders.
- “If a parent enrolls a child after 9/21/2020, will they take the survey?”If a parent enrolls a child after 9/21/20, neither the parent nor the child participate in the survey this year.
- Why don’t we get paper copies of the survey for all of our parents? To protect the health and safety of all of our families and school staff, the Superintendent is strongly encouraging parents to take their survey online. Only a limited number of paper copies are being sent to schools and these should be reserved only for those families who do not have reliable internet or a device to access the survey online.
- “Why didn’t I receive any Spanish versions of the parent surveys in my shipment?” All parent packs have the English letter facing the window so when you open the carton the only way you can tell the difference (without opening the parent pack) is look for the colored separator sheet that was placed between the English and Spanish versions. In short, please look for the colored separator page and that will be where the Spanish versions are packed alongside the English versions.
- “Who takes the School Experience Survey?” The School Experience Survey is taken by the following stakeholders:
- Students in grades 4-12.
- School staff who are assigned at least 50% to a school site, including teachers (all grades), principals, administrators, counselors, and other staff.
- Parents or legal guardians of students in all grades (TK-12) enrolled in an LA Unified school.
- “When are School Experience Surveys due?” The last day to submit your survey is Friday, January 22nd, 2021.
- How can school staff and parents provide proof that they took the survey? If verification is needed that the online survey was completed, staff and parents can provide their email address on the last question of their survey to receive a confirmation email. They may also print the last page of the survey that appears after clicking “submit” or they can create a screenshot of the last page and email or text the screenshot to whomever requires proof of completion.