To renew a California Credential or Permit with the Commission on Teacher Credential follow the steps below.
- Log on to www.ctc.ca.gov.
- Go to "Online Services for Educators."
- Click on the "Educator Page" button.
- Follow the directions for renewal.
The credential/permit renewal fee is $102.50 (effective 7/1/2015) to be paid via debit/credit card only during the renewal process.
Additionally, District certificated employees are required to do the following in order for Credentials, Contract and Compliance services to register their renewed clear credential with the Los Angeles County of Education.
- Complete the required information on Form HR-1220 (Please use Internet Explore or Firefox for form functionality) for Clear Credential Renewals or Form HR-8766 for Emergency 30-Day Substitute
- Click the submit button at the bottom of the form and follow the instructions to submit your form. If you experience difficulties submitting the form, you can print the form and fax it to (213) 241-8413.
Substitutes: Please note that if your Emergency 30-Day Substitute Permit is not renewed prior to the expiration date, you will be separated from the District.
If certificated employees have questions or seek assistance renewing their clear credentials/permits via the Internet, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
, or call (213) 241-5300 and ask to speak to your Credential and Contract Specialist. If Internet access is not available, employees are welcome to use the District computers in Credentials, Contract and Compliance Services, located on the 15th floor of the Beaudry building.