TEACHER INDUCTION PROGRAMS
The iCAAP Teacher Induction Program prepares Education Specialists and District Intern graduates for the California Clear Credential. The intent of the 24-month program is to provide an opportunity for each candidate to grow in their capacity as a teacher through an individualized program of reflection supported by like-credentialed Lead Mentors.
The Teacher Induction Program incorporates:
- assignment of like-credentialed Lead Mentor within 30 days of enrollment.
- development of Individual Learning Plan (ILP) goals within 60 days of enrollment: The ILP is designed and implemented solely for the professional growth and development of the participating candidate/teacher and not for evaluation for employment purposes.
- reflection and coaching which is grounded in the California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTPs) and includes the processes of individualized goal-setting based on self-reflection and collaboration with the program Lead Mentor and school site administrators.
- an individualized system of intensive support from highly trained like-credentialed Instructional Faculty Lead Mentors, staff, and cohort members.
- a collaborative cohort model integrated with one-on-one coaching conversations, small group participation and interaction through the use of innovative technology such video recording, real time video conferencing, and more.
- authentic job embedded tasks and classroom-focused mentoring.
To enroll in iCAAP Teacher Induction, please complete this form here.
The requirements for acceptance into the Induction program are:
- Current contracted teacher with LAUSD
- Must be working in a Special Education setting their current credential authorizes
- Must hold a preliminary (any specialty) or Level I (MMD or MSD only) Education Specialist credential verifiable via the CTC website: www.ctc.ca.gov
- Teachers with a Level I MMD credential will have to already hold or earn the Autism Spectrum Disorder Added Authorization (ASD-AA) to complete the program
Click HERE for the BTGDI Program (for all other General Education teachers seeking to clear their Preliminary Credential).