CLEAR EDUCATION SPECIALIST INDUCTION PROGRAM (CESIP)
The Clear Education Specialist Induction Program (CESIP) prepares Education Specialists for the California Clear Credential. The 24-month CESIP is for Education Specialists who do not already hold a Clear Credential. Education Specialists who do hold a Single Subject or Multiple Subject Clear work through a modified 12-month CESIP as partial credit for an induction program completion is granted.
The Clear Education Specialist Induction Program incorporates:
• Current theory and practical application in Special Education.
• Pedagogical strategies for teaching in Special Education.
• Formative assessment which is grounded in the California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTPs) and includes the processes of teacher inquiry and action research.
• Individualized and self-directed professional development based on participating teachers’ identified needs.
• Job embedded and authentic tasks.
• Collaborative cohort model integrated with one-on-one coaching conversations, small group interaction, workshops, seminars, and innovative technology such interactive journals, collaborative best practice demonstrations, and effective teaching technique videos.
• An individualized system of intensive support by like-credentialed mentors, highly qualified Instructional Facilitators, CESIP staff, and cohort members.