My Integrated Student Information System
- MiSiS Home
- Log In to MiSiS
- Apply for Access
- About MiSiS
- Focus Reporting & Dashboards
- Online Gradebook Pilot
- Student ID
- ITD Home
- Los Angeles Unified School District
- MiSiS Updates Pages
Release NotesThe District releases an updated version of MiSiS with software fixes and/or enhancements every Tuesday night. Browse the notes below to learn about all updates released since August 2014.
MiSiS Updates - July 10, 2019Posted by The MiSiS Team on 7/10/2019
The following items have been enhanced/corrected in MiSiS:
- Special Education students with scheduled transportation may no longer be processed as a No Show. This change was made to ensure transportation is not interrupted for Special Education students.
- Open Enrollment Permit will be selectable on the Enrollment screen only until Norm Day.
- Permit Report will include all active permits for students.
- Grade Level Change screen will validate student age for grade changes for students in K, TK, and TE.
- Specialized Population (SP) Alert on the Student Profile will display for TE students.
- Puerto Rico has been removed from the Birth State dropdown on the Student Enrollment
- Withdrawal screen will allow users to enter L7 withdrawal code and reason combinations.
- The Manage Teacher/Class Attendance screen now highlights the row in green with a question mark on the left side when a student has been suspended for the selected Date of Attendance.
- School personnel may print Reclassification Letters/Labels when students are reclassified centrally via the SSPT or IEP process.
- The RFEP Monitoring Letter and Roster have been enhanced to display a student’s number of years reclassified.
- The Student Search screen has been enhanced to include new Master Plan Programs and a new EL Typology dropdown to allow schools to search for Newcomers, PLTEL, and LTEL students.
- A new Counseling Communication of “IRP” has been added to allow schools to document Individual Reclassification Plan parent/guardian meetings. The communication may be entered via the Student Search (multiple students) or the Student Profile (single student) screens.
- GATE Notification Letter report will generate with an updated template.
- A correction has been made to the ELA and LOTE GPAs hyperlinks, that are located on the Graduation Standards Summary Screen, such that the Excel data file that pops up, will now correctly display the course details used for the GPA calculations.
- The following updates were made to the Graduation Standards logic:
- Students in the Class of 2021 and 2022 who completed the Algebra 1 course in Middle School with a grade of ‘D’ or better, while in grades 7th or 8th, will receive 10 numerical credits towards HS Graduation Requirements.
- For students in the class of 2021 and beyond, Literacy and Language and Advanced English Language Development (ELD) courses may substitute for the twelfth grade English subject requirement, after the appropriate district-approved English course have been attempted and failed.
- The ‘Last IGP Date’ link, which is located on the Graduation Standards Summary Screen, now correctly hyperlinks to the Counselor Communication Screen.
- The CEEP/ATP field, located on the Graduation Standards Summary Screen, now correctly displays the school’s College Code.
- School users may now edit the end date on the Homeless The end date must be within the school calendar dates.
- The Suspension screen has been enhanced to be disabled after an appeal has been entered.
- The Social Adjustment Report has been enhanced to display all comments/follow up entries.
- The Referral and Intervention screens have been enhanced to remove access to enter Category II discipline referral reasons for all user roles except for Principal and Discipline Designee roles.
- The Participant tab, located under the referral screen, has been corrected to enable editing of Referral Reasons.
- The SSPT Referral Log report has been corrected to list the same referral on one line.
- Edit and Delete option has been removed for prior year records on the Summer School Enrollment screen. (Enrollment > Summer School)
- The High School Transcripts Report will now display any credits earned for students in the Class of 2021 and 2022 who completed the Algebra 1 course in Middle School with a grade of ‘D’ or better, while in grades 7th or 8th.
MiSiS Updates - June 12, 2019Posted by The MiSiS Team on 6/12/2019
Address Standardization Now in MiSiS
Beginning today, addresses entered on the Enrollment, Parent/Guardian, Emergency Contact, and Other Family Member screens in MiSiS will be standardized automatically to comply with United States Postal Services (USPS) requirements. After the address is submitted by the user, the screen will display an Address Validation status. There are five possible statuses:
- Valid Address – Entered address is a valid per USPS.
- Invalid Address – Entered address in not valid per USPS.
- School Verified Address – Entered address is not valid per USPS but the school has verified the address based on school attendance boundaries or official documentation (Driver’s License, utility bill, etc.).
- MiSiS Verified Address – Entered address is not valid per USPS but MiSiS has verified the address based on information in MiSiS. This status only applies to Student Residence Address but may display as an Address Validation status Same as Student checkbox is selected when the parent/guardian, contact, or other family member address.
- Unverified Address – This status displays when MiSiS was not able to make a connection with the address standardization tool. Schools do not need to take any action. MiSiS will automatically validate the address when the address standardization tool is available.
Until June 25, all previously entered addresses in MiSiS will have an Unverified Address status. On June 25, MiSiS will automatically standardize all previously entered addresses in MiSiS. Schools do not need to take any action.
Clearing the cache (browser history) should resolve most issues with the new address fields in MiSiS. Users can review the directions below for the different internet browsers.
- Firefox – Go to History, then select Clear Recent History.
- Safari – Go to History, then select Clear History and Website Data.
- Chrome – Go to chrome://history/, then click on the Clear browsing data button.
- Internet Explorer – Go to Tools, then select Internet Options. From the General tab, under Browsing History, click Delete.
Refer to the Enter or Edit Student Address in MiSiS job aid for complete directions.
The following items have been enhanced/corrected in MiSiS:
- Addresses entered or edited on the Enrollment, Parent/Guardian, Emergency Contact, and Other Family Member screens will be automatically standardized to meet USPS requirements. After the address is submitted, an address validation status will display. For more information, refer to the Enter or Edit Student Address in MiSiS job aid.
- Affiliated Charter Schools will now display in the Future School drop down on the Withdrawal Screen.
- Schools may now enter up to two Primary Parents for a student on the Parent/Guardian screen.
- Address fields have been added to the Other Family Member screen.
- The Attendance At-A-Glance screen has been corrected to only display attendance information from the logged in user campus.
- The Update Attendance screen has been corrected to all classes a student is enrolled in within the campus.
- The Alternate English Proficiency Assessment tab found in the English Learner screen has been enhanced to display VCCALPS test scores.
- Due to changes in the Reclassification Process, the Reclassification Letter, EL Progress Profile, Individual Reclassification Plan, The Ready to Reclassify Roster, and the Reclassification Label have been enhanced to display new criteria for reclassification..
- Secondary Schools Report Card-Mailer and Non-Mailer will now filter students correctly when Learning Community Groups are selected.
- The LAUSD Official GPA logic will now count the credit for each repeatable course – courses that can count for credit more than once.
- Users may now enter Immunization dates in the MMDDYYYY format on the Immunization screen. (Misc >Immunizations).
- The Secondary Classification Report has been enhanced to include the Exception Report.
- The Continuation Classification Report has been enhanced to include the Exception Report.
- The Support Referral screens has been enhanced to be available during summer school. This screen has also been enhanced to allow users to enter referrals when there is a gap in school enrollment at the same school.
- The SSPT screens has been enhanced to be available during summer school.
- The Suspension screen has been corrected to accurately calculate the number of Initial number of suspensions day.
- The SSPT Referral Form has been corrected to only display the selected referral’s referral reasons..
- The ELPAC Tracker screen has been corrected to exclude students in grade PK.
- The High School Transcript Report has been enhanced to display the specific Graduation reason descriptions. These are: “Date of Diploma”, “Certificate of Completion Date”, “CHSPE”, and “GED”.
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014