Release NotesThe District releases an updated version of MiSiS with software fixes and/or enhancements every Tuesday night. Browse the notes below to learn about all updates released since August 2014.
MiSiS Updates - January 24, 2018Posted by The MiSiS Team on 1/24/2018
Student photos are now visible in the online gradebook for all students that have a photo in MiSiS.
The following items have been updated/fixed in MiSiS:
- The bug that prevented the enrollment of students in TE, has been fixed. Schools may now enroll TE students.
- The Grade Level Change screen has been updated. Schools may now change the grade level for students with more than one grade level change this year.
- Dental Examinations can now be entered on the Health Screening screen.
- The Elementary Reorganization Report has been modified to display RSPM (RSP Math), RSPE (RSP English) or Yes (when a student has multiple RSP services). The report will also display the new CCS marks for elementary students.
- In the Sections Editor Screen, after selecting a section, users may now sort on the Student ID. When creating or editing an Independent Study section using Period X, schools will not be able to select the "Exclude Attendance" attribute or remove the “Independent Study” or “Exclude Grades” attributes.
- In the Manage Groups Screen, the "Days Absent" Dynamic Criteria will no longer be available for schools. When transferring students from one group to another, only active groups will display in the "Target Group" dropdown. Dynamic Groups will now generate quicker. The system will prevent schools from adding students to multiple learning communities and counseling groups.
- The Advanced Search and Student Profile system will allow users to add students to learning communities and counseling groups through the Student Profile and the Advanced Search screens.
- The Continuation Uncleared Absence Report is now available under the Reports menu.
- The teacher and substitute roles are now able to change an individual student’s status to “P”.
- The Truancy Letter 2 will now only display absences from the current school year.
- An error message is no longer displayed when attempting to access the Grades by Student screen for any students withdrawn as of SY 2016 - 2017.
- The Counseling List Report now displays the results based on the selected parameter.
- When entering grades, teachers and office staff, will now have the capability to mass-assign to all students in the class roster, the mark of 'N/A' for the content standards of specific subject areas.
- Teachers can now enter grades for TK students in TBE programs.
- The borders, for each group of Academic Subjects, are now in bold to make the CA Content Standards Elementary Schools Report Card sections more distinguishable.
- The Helper Text pop up (available in the ‘Grades by Class and Grades by Student’ screens) has been updated with more helpful information.
- The Elementary Schools Teacher Verification Report’s ‘Assigned Subject’ label has been changed to ‘Strands Addressed this Grading Period’. The question mark symbol (?) used for missing grades, is now bolded for easier identification.
- The Secondary Schools Report Card, when generated for Magnet Schools, will now display the control sheet when the 'Distribute by' option is selected.
- The Middle School IGP report has been updated to display students’ names in standard format.
- The Continuation Statistical/SMASR now displays the In-School Suspension Attendance Minutes correctly in the SMASR.
- The Scheduling Administrator role now has access to the COA Elementary Statistical Report.
- The Capture Code and the “As of Date” on the Elementary Classification Report now display correctly.
- School Users will now be able to create/update SSPT Referrals, Support Referrals, Interventions, and Counseling Communications that fall within student's school enrollment begin and end dates.
- Per policy, teachers may not suspend a student from a class more than once, every 5 school days. This validation has been implemented in the suspension screen.
- Only the Principal and Discipline Designee roles will be able to enter Category I offenses that require an expulsion recommendation, using the Referral screen.
- The Transcript Report Group parameter drop down now displays all Groups when the Group Category of ‘All’ is selected.
- Data corrections have been made to reported students’ Transcript Details.
- A screen has been created for adding new Transcript Records. The new screen will allow users to enter manual Transcript Records more quickly by auto-populating certain fields, and allowing the user to save and continue after each record.
MiSiS Updates - January 8, 2018Posted by The MiSiS Team on 1/8/2018
The “Schoology Enhancement Survey” is available at our website: http://achieve.lausd.net/pls/. Based on the top requests from the survey, the following features will be available in the gradebook at the end of January 2018:
- The Roster Display Option, in the gradebook roster, has been updated to allow teachers to sort their gradebook roster with the following options: Ascending; Descending; Last/First; or First/Last.
- Teachers will have the option to view the full student’s name in the gradebook screen by selecting “View Full Student Name” under the View settings.
The following items have been updated/fixed in MiSiS:
- A new screen, “Address History”, is now available on the Enrollment menu. The screen will display the student address history data from the Student ID system.
- Users will not be able to edit or enter a withdrawal on or after the date of an existing discipline referral.
- The Counseling Planning Sheet report has been modified to display RSPM (RSP Math), RSPE (RSP English) or Yes (when a student has multiple RSP services) in the “RSP” section of the report; the report will also display the new CCS marks for elementary students.
- Schools can delete terms that are not in use. For example, schools that exclusively schedule 20-week classes can choose to delete 10-week terms (e.g., 2017-2018 A-Track Fall - First Half). Staff with access to MiSiS via the Scheduling Administrator or Principal user roles, can perform this function. Once the term is deleted, it will no longer appear on report parameters and screens. This feature is available for all schools; however, the intent was to provide the option for High Schools.
- The Inline Uncleared Absences Report, located under the student profile, now fits in a #10 envelope.
- The Attendance Summary Report will now display correct attendance totals.
- The Seating Chart screen has been updated with student information for comprehensive elementary and secondary schools.
- The City of Angels teacher screen can now be sorted by student last name.
English Learner/Student Testing
- Schools will be able to enter parent notification dates for valid students.
- The DIBELS criteria will display when the EL Progress Profile Report is generated in Spanish.
- The SBA label will generate for selected teachers and periods.
- The Secondary Statistical Report no longer displays a W9 Scheduled Outside Home School (Different School) for magnet students which are enrolled at the preferred location.
Focus Reporting & Dashboards
- MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting and Dashboards is Now Focus Reporting & Dashboards - MiSiS Ad Hoc Reporting and Dashboards has transitioned to Focus Reporting & Dashboards. Visit the Focus website at https://achieve.lausd.net/focus for information about the transition and the difference between the two applications.
- Attendance Bands Dashboard Drill Reports Updated - On the Attendance Bands Dashboard, all student-level drill reports now include three new columns displaying the number of Total Full Day Absence, Partial Days Absent, and Full Days Absent. To access the reports, click the Operations Analytic Area on the Welcome Page > Attendance Subject Page > Attendance Bands Dashboard > any tile, chart element, or table cell > “… by Student.”
- Mail Merge Reporting Module Updated - All templates on the Mail Merge Reporting Module now include the Student ID prompt, which can be used to search for a specific list of students. In addition, the Secondary Marks template, now includes the Grading Period prompt.
- New Mail Merge Reporting Module Templates - Two new templates are now available in the Mail Merge Reporting Module: Students with Ds and Fs and Students GPA. Students with Ds and Fs provides the total number of Ds and Fs for each student, as well as a concatenated list of all classes in which the student has Ds and Fs. Students GPA provides a concatenated list of all courses and grades as well as one of four GPAs (Weighted, Middle School, Official, and Athletic Eligibility). The related job aid, Use the Mail Merge Reporting Module, has been updated and is available on the Focus ad hoc reporting job aids website https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11833.
- New Testing Coordinator Local District Report - A new report is available for Testing Coordinators to access student testing information, including student names and identifying information, Special Education details (if applicable), Testing Accommodations, Counselor, students’ class schedules and more. To access the report, click the Classic View icon on the Welcome Page > Dashboards in the navigational menu > Local District Reports > Testing Coordinator tab.
- New Subject Area: Marks - Elementary CCS (California Content Standards) Now Available – This subject area is now available to provide data from the new CCS report card. It can be accessed by clicking the Classic View icon on the Welcome Page > New in the navigational menu > Analysis > Marks – Elementary CCS. A subject area guide is available on the Focus ad hoc reporting job aids website https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11833.
- New Attribute: Number of Ds and Fs Column in Student Detail Subject Area - A new column is available in the Student Detail Subject Area to display the total number of Ds and Fs for a student in the current Grading Period and Term. To access the column, click the Classic View icon on the Welcome Page > New in the navigational menu > Analysis > Student Detail Subject Area > Marks folder > Secondary Grading Period Marks subfolder > Number of Ds and Fs. The Student Detail Subject Area Guide has been updated and is available on the Focus ad hoc reporting job aids website https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11833.
- Attendance Data Added to Course Enrollment Subject Area - The Attendance folder is now available in the Course Enrollment Subject Area to provide data regarding each course/section in which a student is enrolled including information such as the number of Periods Present/Tardy, Excused/Unexcused, Attendance Not Submitted (ANS), and the student’s Period Attendance Rate. The Course Enrollment Subject Area Guide has been updated and is available on the Focus ad hoc reporting job aids website https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11833.
- New Job Aid: Create Letters Using an Extract from the Mail Merge Reporting Module - This job aid is now available to provide instruction on how to create letters in Microsoft Word using an extract that was previously produced in the Mail Merge Reporting Module. The job aid is available on the Focus ad hoc reporting job aids website https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11833.
- Updated Job Aid: Create Mailing Labels Using an Extract from the Mail Merge Reporting Module - This job aid has been updated with new notes to provide more help in creating mailing labels. The job aid is available on the Focus ad hoc reporting job aids website https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11833.
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014