My Integrated Student Information System
- MiSiS Home
- Log In to MiSiS
- Apply for Access
- About MiSiS
- Focus Reporting & Dashboards
- Online Gradebook Pilot
- Student ID
- ITD Home
- Los Angeles Unified School District
- MiSiS Updates Pages
Release NotesThe District releases an updated version of MiSiS with software fixes and/or enhancements every Tuesday night. Browse the notes below to learn about all updates released since August 2014.
MiSiS Updates - September 7, 2018Posted by The MiSiS Team on 9/7/2018
The following items have been updated/fixed in MiSiS:
- Preferred Name now displays on the following reports: Meal Code Roster, Elementary Class Roster, and Emergency Roster Report.
- Schools will be able to add off-site sections
- For secondary and continuation schools, the Attendance Referral Report now counts absences as full days when different absence reason codes are used.
- For secondary campuses with magnet schools, the Uncleared Absence Report, when generated at the preferred location, now includes teachers and students from the magnet school.
- At the continuation schools, the Attendance Referral Report, located under the student profile Attendance tab, now defaults to the enrollment status and the student selected.
- The Reason Code Help Link document has been updated.
- At the magnet schools, the Attendance At-A-Glance screen now displays all section attendance data.
- Students will no longer be eligible for Truancy letters 2 and 3 once their absences have been cleared. Review the Truancy Notification Dates and Policy for additional information.
- The following reports/screens have been updated to include Summative ELPAC test results: English Learner Rosters, Master Plan Roster and Label, EL Progress Profile, ELPAC Label (new report), English Language Proficiency Assessment Tab (previously labeled as the CELDT Assessment Tab), and the Student Profile Page will display the student’s Performance Level based on Summative ELPAC.
- Schools will be able to add an Initial Language Classification with corresponding date.
- The following screens have a new design for compliance with Section 508:
- Census > Health Screening
- Census > Meal Code
- Census > Out of Home Care
- Census > Court Order
- Census > Bus Schedule
- Census > Exclusions
- Census > School Experience
- Census > American Indian
- Census > Migrant
- The Grades by Class and Grades by Student screens will now display the new ELPAC Test scores and Performance Level for students, when applicable.
- The Cum Label Report will now display the Algebra Courses with correct credits for Middle School students.
- Linked Learning and CTE schools may now update Student Linked Learning records for multiple students using the Mass Linked Learning screen on the Advanced Search Action menu.
- The Scheduling Administrator user role has been granted access to the IEP Case Manager report.
- A new report, ‘Student Support Summary Report’, is now available. This report is very similar to the Social Adjustment Report and may be generated for a selected set of students. It lists all entries for Academic Intervention, Contact Log, Counseling Communication, Intervention, Referral, and SSPT Referrals. The Student Support Summary Report also includes the corresponding school enrollment information.
- The Social Adjustment Report will now display the Academic Intervention details when this information has been entered for a student.
- The SSPT Referral has been will now allow entry of multiple intervention plans.
- The SSPT Referral Log Report now displays multiple Referral Reasons in one line, per student, per Referral.
- The SSPT Referral Form in-line report now displays the name of the teacher, as of the SSPT Referral Date.
- Due to confidentiality reasons, the Contact Log is limited to specific user roles, for students who are no longer enrolled in the District. The same view access has been implemented to the Social Adjustment Report.
- The PFT Student Information Report will generate accurate information.
- A new PFT Student Letter is available for students in grades 5, 7, and 9.
- The Testing Information selection parameter, on the High School and Middle School Transcript Reports, now includes exams for selection that are relevant for reporting to Universities.
- The Add New Transcript Records screen will now allow authorized users to input Course Completion Dates for Summer Sessions.
- The Add New Transcript Records screen now allows experimental courses to be added to student records when authorized schools are selected.
- Two new columns, ‘Created By’ and ‘Created Date’, have been added to the Transcript Details screen, which will indicate whether records were posted by a staff member or the system.
MiSiS Announcements - August 6, 2018Posted by The MiSiS Team on 8/6/2018
Please see the notes below to help you use MiSiS in order to prepare for the start of the new school year.
- The MiSiS team has developed some suggestions for the opening of the new school year. Please be sure to review the Opening of the School Year 2018-2019 Checklist.
- The Office of Student Health and Human Services has released REF-6554.3 - 2018-2019 Opening Day Procedures, which details tasks schools should follow to ensure a successful start of the school year.
Access to MiSiS
ITD has developed and is implementing the oneAccess System for MiSiS. The goal of oneAccess is to simplify the tasks schools will need to take to process their access to student information systems. Users will be provided default access based upon defined roles and locations as updated in the SAP Payroll/Personnel system. In addition, the oneAccess System provides the ability for school users to request access online and track the status of these requests for nonstandard access requests, such as access to multiple locations or unique roles. The system has been deployed since July 31st for MiSiS. Additional systems (e.g., FOCUS, Welligent, Schoology) will be added in Fall 2018.
The attached documents (oneAccess Approver User Guide and oneAccess Approver FAQ Guide) are provided as additional resources. As a reminder, principals will have to approve some user requests to access student information. Principals: Please check the SPAM folder regularly to ensure oneAccess requests are not misdirected or left pending. Please call the MiSiS Help Desk (213-241-5200, option 5) with any issues or questions.
- September 2018
- August 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014