To request a document verification or replacement copy, please use the options below. Only the test taker can initiate a CDE search. Federal law prohibits CDE staff from discussing test taker information with 3rd party requestors.
For Test Taker
- For copy requests of your traditional high school diploma or transcript, please contact the authorizing school or district. For convenience, the California School Directory can be used to locate contact information.
- For copy requests of your HiSET certificate or transcript, please call 1-855-694-4738 or visit the ETS/HiSET Parchment web site .
- For copy requests of your GED certificate or transcript taken from July 1, 1990 to present, please call 888-906-4031 or visit the GEDTS Parchment web site .
- If GED Certificate was taken, from 1942 to June 30 1990, you may request a copy of your score report to be submitted to the State of California. For more information please call (213) 765-2573
On Behalf of a Test Taker
- HiSET Requests - To verify a HiSET certificate, please call 1-855-694-4738 or visit the HiSET Parchment web site.
GED Requests - Third Party Organization (Non-Academic)
- To verify or request a GED Credential, watch the video tutorial first or go straight to on Behalf of a Test-Taker.
GED Requests - Academic Institution or School
- Sign-up to Request & Receive GED transcripts: Schools and Institutions are eligible for a free Parchment Receive Lite account to request and receive GED transcripts.