First Grade Science Support Material
- First Grade NGSS/Benchmark Connections
- First Grade 1998 CA Science Standards
- First Grade Assessment Synopsis
- First Grade CA NGSS
- First Grade Engineering Connections
- Part 1-Engineering Introductory Lesson-Technology All Around Us
- Part 2-Engineering Introductory Lesson: Engineering Design Lesson
- First Grade Engineering Lesson: Earth Science
- First Grade Engineering Lesson: Life Science
- First Grade Engineering Lesson: Physical Science
MODULE DESCRIPTION TEACHER PREP VIDEO LINK ASSESSMENT SYNOPSIS The Air and Weather Module consists of four sequential investigations, each designed to introduce concepts in physical and earth science. The investigations allow young students to explore the natural world by using simple tools to observe properties of air and to measure and monitor change in the weather from day to day and over the seasons. Air & Weather Earth Science Assessment Overview The Plants and Animals Module provides experiences for students to observe the structures of plants and discover ways to propagate new plants from mature plants (from seeds, bulbs, roots, and stem cuttings). They observe and describe changes that occur as plants grow, and organize their observations on a calendar and in a notebook. Plants & Animals Life Science Assessment Overview The Solids and Liquids Module provides experiences that heighten students’ awareness of the physical world. In this module first graders have introductory experiences with two of these states, solid and liquid. Solids & Liquids Earth Science Assessment Overview
In order to further navigate the FOSS website, you must log in to your account.
If you don't have an account, here's a page detailing how to set one up:Click here for the FOSS CA premium access code that will activate premium digital content for all FOSS CA titles.
FOSS Grade 1 Self Inventory Sheets