When schools, families, and community groups work together to support learning, children tend to do better in school, stay in school longer, and like school more. The Parent and Community Engagement Unit supports school efforts to implement effective family engagement activities that value partnerships with parents for the benefit of children’s learning and achievement.
The Parent and Community Engagement Unit supports efforts to implement the following school goals for parent engagement:
- Ensure a welcoming environment for families and invite them to participate as equal partners in the education of their children.
- Provide parents opportunities to learn how best to support education at home and at school.
- Implement a volunteer program to support school-wide, classroom, and parent activities.
- Respond to parent concerns and/or complaints to ensure child's educational needs are met.
- Comply with all LAUSD, State, and Federal requirements regarding parent involvement.