**Benefits Administration is committed to provide assistance to our employees and retirees. The best way to reach us is via email at email@example.com. We will continuously monitor emails and reply as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
During this difficult time of battling COVID-19, our health care partners are offering alternative methods to essential medical services as your health and well-being is important. Copays related to COVID-19 will be waived.
- Health Net Nurse Advice Line - If you have the symptoms related to COVID-19, you can access our Health Net Nurse Advice Line. To learn more, please call us at 1-800-893-5597. Our Nurse Advice line can answer general questions you may have about Coronavirus.
- Teladoc - Health Net LAUSD members get free 24/7 telephone access to doctors for non-emergency consultations anytime, anywhere. Once you have registered with Health Net.com/LAUSD, you can log in and register at the Teladoc site. Or you can go directly to https://member.teladoc.com/hn and register.
- HEAL for Sick/Urgent Care Only - If you are experiencing acute symptoms such as high fever or shortness of breath, call 911 immediately. If you think you might have COVID-19 and have mild or no symptoms, then book a urgent care Heal house call and enter your symptoms (such as cough, fever, etc.) and a Heal Doctor will carry out a remote house call. A remote house call is a Heal Doctor talking with you by phone or video chat (if you have the Heal iOS or Android app) to help determine your risk level for COVID-19. Please visit: https://heal.com/healthnet/.
- Phone Appointment - Have a condition that doesn’t require an in-person exam? Talk with a doctor over the phone when it’s convenient. Make an appointment online at kp.org/getcare or be calling 1-833-KP4CARE (1-833-574-2273) (TTY 711).
- 24/7 Care and Advice by Phone - Call us for advice when you need it most at 1-833-KP4CARE (1-833-574-2273) (TTY 711). We’ll help you find out what care is right for you, schedule appointments, and more.
- Video Visit - Meet face-to-face with a doctor by video for the same high-quality care as an in-person visit. To schedule an appointment, call 1-833-KP4CARE (1-833-574-2273) (TTY 711).
- E-Visit - Get quick and convenient online care from a Kaiser Permanente provider, including some prescriptions and 24/7 self-care advice. Fill out a short questionnaire about your symptoms, and a clinician will get back to you with a care plan. Online at kp.org/getcare.
- Email - Message your doctor’s office with non-urgent questions anytime through kp.org or the Kaiser Permanente app.
- Additional Kaiser resources such as Telehealth (24/7 Care Advice), Urgent Care Locations, and Travel Emergency/Urgent Care can be found in the "Miscellaneous" section of the Forms and Publications page.
- Telehealth / Livehealth Online - Telehealth / LiveHealth Online is a safe and helpful way to use Anthem benefits to see a doctor to receive health guidance related to COVID-19 without leaving home, using your smart phone, tablet or computer-enabled web cam. While COVID-19 can’t be confirmed through virtual or remote care, care teams can screen members, assign risk, answer questions and recommend the next steps a member should take. Patients with COVID-19 who are at low risk are treated in the home unless they are sick enough to require in-person care. Access at https://livehealthonline.com/.
- 24/7 NurseLine - 24/7 NurseLine has trained nurses to ask additional probing questions to members with respiratory symptoms and coached nurses to use updated HealthWise Connect COVID-19 information and the CDC web site. The number is 1-800-977-0027.
- The Anthem Coronavirus COVID-19 fact sheet discusses what is it, how to prevent it, and what Anthem benefits cover.
The Anthem Medicare Preferred (PPO) Medical plan is available to retirees and their dependents who are over the age of 65 with Medicare Parts A and B. This 50 state Medicare plan includes enhanced benefits such as no copays, no coinsurance, no deductibles, and offers the same benefits whether you use an in-network or out-of-network provider that accepts Medicare. For additional plan information, you may contact Anthem at (833) 277-5221.