University Intern Contracts are valid for a period of up to one year and expire each year on June 30th. To continue contract employment, you must meet District contract renewal requirements.AllEXTENDING YOUR CONTRACT BEYOND JUNE 30th(With a Credential Expiring On or After October 1st)
A contract can only be extended to the ending date of your credential.
If your credential expires on or after October 1st, an extension of your existing contract can be issued to cover the time between the ending date of your contract and the ending date of your credential.
A recent satisfactory evaluation (within the current semester) from your school site administrator is required before your contract can be extended beyond June 30th.
To access the renewal web page:
- Log on to www.ctc.ca.gov
- Go to "Online Services for Educators."
- Click on the "Educator Page" button.
- Follow directions for renewal.
Additionally, District certificated employees are required to do the following in order for Credentials, Contract and Compliance Services to register their renewed clear credential with the Los Angeles County Office of Education:
- Complete the required information on Form HR-1220 for Clear Credential Renewals or Form HR-8766 for Emergency 30 Day Substitute Permits.
- Click the submit button at the bottom of the form and follow the instructions to submit your form. If you experience difficulties submitting the form, you can print the form and fax it to (213) 241-8413.
Substitutes: Please note that if your Emergency 30 Day Substitute Permit is not renewed prior to the expiration date, you will be separated from the District.
If certificated employees have questions or seek assistance renewing their clear credentials/permits via the Internet, please e-mail email@example.com , or call (213)241-5300 and ask to speak to your Credentials and Contract Assistant. If Internet access is not available, certificated employees are welcome to use the District computers in Credentials, Contract and Compliance Services, located on the 15th Floor of the Beaudry Building.