Requesting Employment Verification for FORMER Employees
What form should I use?
Complete an LAUSD Employment Verification Request Form. Please be advised that all employment verification requests must be submitted in writing with the employee's signature, authorizing the release of his/her employment information. If you have a third-party form, please sent it along with the LAUSD Employment Verification Request Form. Third-party forms without the LAUSD Employment Verification Request Form will not be accepted.
What type of information must I provide?
Where should I submit my request?
- Section 1 requires Employee Information including an Employee Number or last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.
- Section 2 requires Third-Party Information and should only be completed if a third-party is to receive the verification.
- Section 3 requires the employee or the third party to indicate how they would like to receive the information (Email, Fax, Mail, or Hold for Pick-up).
- Section 4 requires employee's signature. The employee must provide his/her signature, authorizing the release of his/her information. (Please note, your request will be returned unfulfilled if the authorization described above is not provided.)
- Section 5 is completed by LAUSD, Employee Relations Section.
The fax number, email address, and mailing address are located at the top of the LAUSD Employment Verification Request Form.
How long will my request take to process?
Employee Verification Requests are a priority. However, due to high volume of requests for employment verification, most requests will take 4-6 weeks to process.
LAUSD verifies previous teaching experience on our computer-generated forms. It includes all information that District policy allows us to verify. We use only our electronic format rather than individual forms from other school districts. This process enhances the response time to your request.