Resources & Links
Ten Things Your Student With Autism Wishes You Knew
By Ellen Notbohm
(Future Horizons, 2006)
Getting the Best for Your Child with Autism
By Bryna Siegel, Ph.D.
(Guilford Press, 2008)
By Lynn Kern Koegel, Ph.D., and Claire La Zebnik
(Penguin Group, 2004)
Teaching Children With Autism
By Robert L. Koegel and Lynn Kern Koegel
(Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co., 1995)
Educating Children With Autism
National Research Council
(National Academy Press, 2001)
Autism in the School-Aged Child
By Carol Schmidr, RN, BSN, and Beth Heybyrne, MA
(Autism Family Press, 2004)
Autism Spectrum Disorders from A to Z
By Barbara T. Doyle, M.S., and Emily Doyle Iland, B.A.
(Future Horizons, 2004)
Understanding the Nature of Autism
By Janice E. Janzen, M.S.
(Therapy Skill Builders, 1996)
An Educator's Guide to Asperger Syndrome
(Organization for Autism Research, 2005)
Guidelines for inclusive classrooms, elementary through high school
The Complete Guide to Asperger Syndrome
By Tony Attwood
(Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2006)
Perfect Targets; Asperger Syndrome and Bullying; Practical Solutions for Surviving the Social World
By Rebekah Heinrichs
(Autism Asperger Publishing Company, 2003)
Learners on the Autism Spectrum: Preparing Highly Qualified Educators
Editors: Kari Dunn Buron and Pamela Wolfberg Ph.D.
- CDC Autism Information Center - Information about diagnosis, treatment, research, and useful materials.
- Individuals with Disability Education Act - Department of Education website regarding the implementation of special education services.
- California Composite of Laws - California State Department of Education special education information
- James Coplan (Making Sense of Autistic Spectrum Disorders) - www.DrCoplan.com
- Visual Aids for Learning - Free Visual Supports
- Practical Autism Resources - Free Visual Supports
- Michelle Garcia Winner - www.socialthinking.com