College & Career Education
Welcome to the College and Career Education website!
National School Counseling Week 2018
February 5 - 9
Celebrating the contributions of professional school counselors, a week has been devoted to recognizing their unique role within our schools. School counselors often labor behind the scenes and make a tremendous impact helping students achieve school success and plan for college, career, and life. Please see National School Counseling Week resouces below:
- LAUSD Procclamation for National School Counseling Week
- American School Counselor Association resources for National School Counseling Week
Use the following digital certificate to show your school counselors their "extra"ordinary dedication to their students, parents, staff, and school are appreciated every day.
College Access Network (CAN)
The Division of Instruction is inviting you to College Access Network (CAN) training on a variety of college topics. The Collaborative of College Counselors, with the support of Local District College Counseling Coordinators, is excited to present 5 “college specific” full day trainings. Trainings are scheduled throughout the school year; participants may choose from multiple dates and attend as many trainings as they wish. All trainings are from 8 am to 3 pm.
College Awareness Guides
In recognition College Awareness Month the Division of Instruction has updated the Reference Guides for college awareness activities to include lessons that are specific for every grade level. The purpose of these lessons is to provide information about college awareness experiences during the Los Angeles Unified School District’s annual College Month in October. Though October marks the official start of College Awareness Month, the following recommended activities are meant to be completed throughout the school year.
- REF-3971.6 College Awareness Experiences for Elementary Students in Grades Pre-K Through 5/6 During the Annual LAUSD College Month in October
- REF-3972.6 College Awareness Experiences for Middle School Students During the Annual LAUSD College Month in October
- REF-3973.6 College Awareness Experiences for High School Students During the Annual LAUSD College Month in October
Naviance is a comprehensive college and career readiness internet platform that helps students turn their aspirations into achievement. Naviance prepares students to be college ready by helping them identify their strengths, discover careers, and match to best-fit higher education institutions.
For information on the PowerPoint presented at LDLT, Navagating the Course to Guiding Students to Postsecondary Success using Naviance, please select the link below:
- Navagating the Course to Guiding Students to Postsecondary Success
- LAUSD District-Naviance RASCI
- LAUSD Schools-Naviance RASCI
Naviance Roll Out Materials
- Naviance Overview Flyer
- Naviance FAQ’s
- Naviance Employee Login Flyer
- Naviance Student Login Flyer
- Introduction to Naviance Lesson Plan
- Scripted PowerPoint to Introduce Naviance
- On-Demand Training Flyer
Naviance Access: New staff at Local District offices may use the following form to gain access for Naviance:
Optional Naviance Features:
Senior College Packet
Every Senior has been provided a Senior College Packet with resources to support a smooth and timely transition to college and career. See below for the downloadable version: