Permitted/Credentialed Early Childhood Education Teacher Application Process
The major priority of the Los Angeles Unified School District is to ensure that every student is taught by a highly effective teacher in a safe, nurturing and instructionally rich learning environment. The District seeks Early Childhood Educators who are experts in their content area, innovative, pedagogically strong, and professionally committed to the welfare and demonstrated academic growth of all students. Additionally, candidates must be committed to ensure that all students graduate college prepared and career ready.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Los Angeles Unified School District. We value all of our interested applicants and hope to provide you with the best customer service possible. The Los Angeles Unified School District intends that all qualified persons shall have equal opportunities for employment and promotion.
Teacher candidates who hold a Child Development Teacher Permit or higher, Regular Children’s Center permit or a teaching credential must meet the following minimum LAUSD employment standards:
- Completion of a Baccalaureate degree or Associates degree from an accredited college or university.
- CA Child Development Teacher Permit or higher OR Multiple Subjects Credential and a California Child Development Teacher Permit or higher
- Early Childhood Education Teacher Examination
- Early Childhood Education Writing Examination
- Early Childhood Education Interview
- Pediatric First Aid and CPR (Online courses do not qualify)
- One time documentation of Immunization against Measles, Pertussis, and yearly documentation of Influenza Vaccination; or the Influenza Vaccine Declination Notice.
The Eligibility Process:
IMPORTANT: As part of the application process, you will be receiving e-mail messages from emailaddress.com
Please make sure your e-mail system will not block messages from this address as junk e-mail or "spam." For more information about changing your e-mail settings, please contact your Internet or e-mail service provider. (Regrettably, LAUSD is not able to offer technical support in this matter).
Applications are active for a year from the date submitted and will be reviewed based on the needs of the District and current selection criteria.
After application review, applicants may be scheduled for an appointment with Human Resources. These individuals will receive an email requesting the following documents:
- Original References (on letterhead, signed and recently dated) from all employers covering the last three (3) years.
- Student teaching evaluations (if permit/credential was granted within the last 3 years) in an Early Childhood setting
- Proof of CA Child Development Teacher Permit or higher OR Multiple Subjects Credential and a California Child Development Teacher Permit or higher
- Non-electronic original official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Résumé (Please attach to your online application)
- Additional references and documents may be requested
Applicants scheduled for an eligibility appointment must bring the requested documents to that appointment. During the eligibility appointment, the applicant will review requested documents and be interviewed.
Upon completion of the eligibility process, successful candidates will be added to the Early Childhood Education substitute pool. Only candidates who are placed on an employment eligibility list may interview for available vacancies.
If selected, candidates should contact Early Childhood Education Human Resources to be guided through the onboarding process, which includes:
- Health Clearance
- Tuberculosis Clearance
- Child Abuse Awareness Training
- Resignation from an LAUSD classified position
- One time documentation of Immunization against Measles, Pertussis. And yearly documentation of Influenza Vaccination; or the Influenza Vaccine Declination Notice.
HR Mission Statement
The Human Resources Division will staff all schools and offices with qualified certificated employees who will educate and support our diverse student population.