2017-2018 AUTONOMOUS SCHOOLS WORKSHOPS
Schools interested in having more autonomy over local decisions, to better meet the needs of their students, may choose to send a School Design Team to the required sessions. Explore the three current autonomy models: LIS, ESBMM and Pilot. Workshop 1 is an Overview of the three autonomous models. Workshop 2 is Writing an RFP. School Design Teams must attend both sessions (i.e Workshop 1 & Workshop 2 in any of the locations listed).
Workshop 1: Overview
- Thursday, February 1 @ LD Northwest (South Conference Room)
- Monday, February 5 @ LD South (Sellery Room, 15805 S. Budlong Ave.)
- Thursday, February 8 @ LD West (Training Room 1)
- Monday February 12 @ UTLA
Workshop 2: Writing an RPF
- Thursday, March 1 @ LD Northwest (South Conference Room)
- Monday, March 5 @ LD South (Sellery Room, 15805 S. Budlong Ave.)
- Thursday, March 8 @ LD West (Training Room 1)
- Monday, March 12 @ UTLA
Representatives from a school must attend BOTH WORKSHOPS before a school is eligible to submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) and proposal for one of the Autonomy Models.
LOOC workshops are open to all: principal, chapter chair, other teachers, classified staff and parents from your school.
For more information, call (213) 241-8700
Do we need to know what we want to do before we attend?
No, come and learn about the available options - NO OBLIGATION!
Who should attend?
These workshops are open to all: Principal, Chapter Chair, Teachers, Classified Staff, Parents ~ a diverse Design Team provides different perspectives.
Do we need to attend ALL sessions?
School teams must attend ONE scheduled date of each session in order to qualify to submit an RFP. So, you must attend one of the Session 1 – Overview dates, and one Session 2 – Walkthrough dates. You may choose the date/location that is best for you.
2018-19 Request for Proposals for Pilot Schools
All schools interested in applying to become a Pilot School must do the following:
- Attend the Autonomous Schools Workshops, Sessions 1 and 2. (See Local Options Oversight Committee website for more information)
- Submit a Letter of Intent by Thursday, September 6, 2018, 5:00pm
- Submit a completed Pilot School proposal by noon on Monday, October 18, 2018.
For assistance or questions, please call (213)-241-8700 and speak with one of the Local Options Oversight Committee (LOOC) team members.