2017 - 2018
2017 - 2018 Principals Update:Reclassification for Long Term English Learners with Disabilities in Grades 6-12
ELD TEXTBOOK UPDATE
ELPAC PRACTICE TESTS (NEW!)
ELPAC Summative Assessment Sheet (NEW MMED!)CELDTCELDT RETEST LETTERS
ARCHIVESFORMSSAMPLE OBSERVATION TOOLSANNOUNCEMENTS:
ELPAC Update--December 2017
The English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) administration window will be open from February 1 to May 31, 2018. Please be on the lookout for Reference Guide 043580, which explains procedures for identifying the school’s ELPAC Coordinators and training requirements for principals and ELPAC Coordinators. To prepare for the ELPAC, principals will need to do the following:
- Complete the 2017-18 ELPAC Test Security Agreement and Affidavit online by logging into the State Testing Program Requirements section of the Principal’s Portal
- Identify the school’s ELPAC Coordinator in the Principal’s Portal
Local District South’s ELPAC training dates for school site ELPAC Coordinators will be:
- Secondary: Tuesday January 9, 2018 in the Sellery Center Auditorium, 8:00-3:00
- Elementary: Wednesday January 10, 2018 in the Sellery Center Auditorium, 8:00-3:00
Please note that ELPAC materials are scheduled for delivery starting the week of January 22nd. Deliveries will be scheduled on a weekly basis and prioritized based on when the Principal and ELPAC Coordinator requirements are completed.
For questions related to testing requirements and procedures, please contact the Student Testing Branch at 213-241-4104.MIDDLE SCHOOL ELD 3 AND ELD 4 TEACHER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Date: Saturday, October 7, 2017
Time: 8:00 AM-3:00 PM
Location: VIRGIL MIDDLE SCHOOL
152 N. Vermont Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90004
Participants must bring a fully charged laptop and the Teacher’s Edition for their respective curriculum.2017 - 2018 ELD Textbook New Adoption UpdateDate: August 11, 2017As you anticipate distribution of ELD Textbooks (New Adoption) at your school site, please note the following:
- Inside, the middle school ELD 1 -2 textbooks are being delivered the weeks of Aug. 7th and Aug. 14th.
- Edge, the high school ELD 1- 4 books are delayed and still pending expected date of delivery.
In the meanwhile, please distribute High Point material to meet Williams sufficiency.
Click on here to view the text materials for ELD 1 - 4.
If you have any questions, please contact Helen Choi at firstname.lastname@example.org - 2018 LD SOUTH CELDT CALIBRATION TRAININGLD South is offering three voluntary 2017 2018 CELDT Calibration Training for CELDT Testing Coordinators prior to the first day of school.(Please note additional trainings will be offered after the beginning of the school year on Monday, August 21, 2017)The CELDT Testing Coordinator MUST attend one of the CELDT Calibration Trainings before any testing can begin.Funding will be provided for the CELDT Testing Coordinator (3 hours training rate) to attend one of the off track trainings. Registration is done through the Learning Zone and type key word LD SOUTH CELDT.Off track CELDT Training:
Otherwise, CELDT Testing Coordinator must attend one of the sessions offered on Monday, August 21, 2017.Please click the flyer for more information. CELDT FLYER
- Option 1: Monday, August 7, 2017 (8 - 11 AM)
- Option 2: Monday, August 7, 2017 (12 - 3 PM)
- Option 3: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 (8 - 11 AM)